MT5 2860 - Huge issues! - page 2

Hi.

After installing the new version 2860, the following problem occurred.

For example, xauusd gets stuck after a while and does not show a new value.

But other symbols work fine. When I change the time period, it shows the problem symbol as if it was stuck somewhere, delayed one after another.

I went back to the old version it works fine.

It may be due to the indicators I wrote, I checked thoroughly to see if there was a division by zero error.

I am still investigating as if there is something triggering the freezing.

But there is no problem with the old version.

Alain Verleyen:

Do not worry, even when the debugger starts (I don't have problem for that on my side), it is useless as, most of the time, it provides wrong values (Watch window).

They will published an update, silently, soon I guess.

Not silently.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 2875: Improvements and fixes

MetaQuotes, 2021.03.31 16:12

The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Friday, April the 2nd, 2021. The update provides improvements and fixes based on the feedback we have received after the previous MetaTrader 5 build 2860 release:

1. Terminal: Fixed a bug which caused updated MQL5 standard programs to be copied to the terminal's root data directory instead of the MQL5 subdirectory. Due to this error, additional "Experts", "Images", "Include" and other folders could be created under the data directory.

After the platform update, these folders will be checked and automatically deleted.

2. Terminal: Fixed an error which used to prevent users from logging into the built-in MQL5.community chat.
  3. Tester: Fixed optimization of Expert Advisors via the MQL5 Cloud Network. The optimization could fail to start under certain conditions.
  4. MetaEditor: Fixed errors and crashes during MQL5 program debugging and profiling.
  5. Updated documentation.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

Alain Verleyen:

Not silently.

Total banana style. I doubt that this will solve the issues we have. 

They should go back to the last build and should invite us for beta-testing and should STOP this forced update procedure and let the users decide IF they need/want an update or not. 

They've wiped out all my custom symbols and some of my proprietary indicators no longer plot.

Total vandalism of all my work. 

Disgusted

Quadrant #:

They've wiped out all my custom symbols and some of my proprietary indicators no longer plot.

Total vandalism of all my work. 

Disgusted

MT5?
Read this small thread with some decision about how to fix it:  Custom symbols gone with new MT5 version ?
And it was fixed in some latest beta MT5 builds (by the way - I did not check it sorry): post

So, use information from this thread ( Custom symbols gone with new MT5 version ? )
and after that - update your MT5.
Custom symbols gone with new MT5 version ?
Custom symbols gone with new MT5 version ?
  • www.mql5.com
all my custom symbols are gone since I updated MT5 with latest version. is it normal ? I wonder what happened...
Reason: