Discussion of article "How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting" - page 16

Narayan Ramachandran:

Hello,

I'm trialling the VPS for an MT4 EA. I have the following issues:

1) Even though I stopped the server, the trial period of 1440 min has expired on a Saturday when no markets are open!

2) I read in the description of the VPS "Open only the charts that you really need. Although there are no limitations on the number of open charts, there is no point in opening unnecessary ones. Color settings do not matter."

I have 20 charts on which I have launched the EA in a kind of dashboard view (see screenshot below). The synchronisation log however, set a message that only max 16 charts are migrated. Obviously there is no way to "see" the VPS to verify. Can someone explain this contradiction?

3) I control the activation of the EA manually depending upon my analysis of markets by pressing the "Auto" button to the top left of each chart individually. Can someone confirm whether during migration, the state of the "Auto" button is also migrated?

Thanks

Narayan

1. MQL5 VPS subscriptions, including the free trial minutes doesn't stop counting time when you pausing/stopping the server. This option is only available for pausing your migrated environments, EAs or Signals.

2. I didn't know that, but if you got that message saying that up to 16 charts can be migrated, that must be the case.

3. If this Auto button enables and disables that Auto Trading for your EA on that particular chart, then yes this status is migrated along with all your other settings.

Eleni Anna Branou:

1. MQL5 VPS subscriptions, including the free trial minutes doesn't stop counting time when you pausing/stopping the server. This option is only available for pausing your migrated environments, EAs or Signals.

2. I didn't know that, but if you got that message saying that up to 16 charts can be migrated, that must be the case.

3. If this Auto button enables and disables that Auto Trading for your EA on that particular chart, then yes this status is migrated along with all your other settings.

Thanks for your reply, Eleni

A few more questions

4) My custom indicator which is used by the EA to place orders also writes a number of algorithm parameters to a file that gets saved in \\MQL\\Files folder. How could I retrieve these files?

5) I think I also read in a previous comment that one VPS is linked to a particular account. So, if I wanted to run a 2nd EA on a different timeframe on a different account, in a 2nd instance of MT4, I guess it would require another VPS subscription. Am I right?

6) However, if I wanted to run the 2nd EA on a different timeframe, but on the same account, how would that work?

Regards

Narayan

Narayan Ramachandran:

Thanks for your reply, Eleni

A few more questions

4) My custom indicator which is used by the EA to place orders also writes a number of algorithm parameters to a file that gets saved in \\MQL\\Files folder. How could I retrieve these files?

5) I think I also read in a previous comment that one VPS is linked to a particular account. So, if I wanted to run a 2nd EA on a different timeframe on a different account, in a 2nd instance of MT4, I guess it would require another VPS subscription. Am I right?

6) However, if I wanted to run the 2nd EA on a different timeframe, but on the same account, how would that work?

Regards

Narayan

4. I don't know, ask the author/seller.

5. Yes.

6. You simply attach your 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on EA on a different timeframe chart locally in your MT4/5 terminal and you migrate you MQL5 VPS all together.

Eleni Anna Branou:

4. I don't know, ask the author/seller.

5. Yes.

6. You simply attach your 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on EA on a different timeframe chart locally in your MT4/5 terminal and you migrate you MQL5 VPS all together.

Thanks Eleni,

4. I developed the Indicator myself and when running MT4 locally, I can simply navigate to MQL4\Files and retrieve the file written. My question is: since the indicator is running on the VPS, where does it write the file?

6. Will all the EAs and charts have to be on the single instance of MT4? Or can I have the 2nd strategy on a 2nd instance of MT4 logged in to the same account and migrated to the VPS?

Hi everyone. I am not receiving notifications to my phone when I host my EA to VPS.
However, I can receive notifications to my phone when EA is on the Laptop. What could be the problem please? Also, when I contacted my broker they said they do not provide VPS services, even though I am their customer. I cannot also contact the VPS providers, all my broker sent me is a link to some FAQ on how to register VPS and connect. I told them I have successfully registered and connected. All I need is to be able to receive notifications just as I receive it from my computer system. Otherwise, the whole VPS thing is defeated and my charges gone...

Narayan Ramachandran:

Thanks Eleni,

4. I developed the Indicator myself and when running MT4 locally, I can simply navigate to MQL4\Files and retrieve the file written. My question is: since the indicator is running on the VPS, where does it write the file?

6. Will all the EAs and charts have to be on the single instance of MT4? Or can I have the 2nd strategy on a 2nd instance of MT4 logged in to the same account and migrated to the VPS?

They are not written locally in your computer and you don't have access to MQL5 VPS folders.

If both strategies are applied to the same trading account, why don't you load both of them with all your EAs on the same terminal and trading account and migrate them all to your MQL5 VPS?

I have the error "you cannot migrate more than 32 charts"

I rented virtual hosting, for my Demo account. 

I realised the virtual hosting is subject to each account. 

If at some point I found I am happy with the performance of the work I am doing and virtual host, can I change the virtual host to migrate from demo account to real account? or should I subscribe a new one for my real account?

Any one had same situation? 

Thanks all,

I have problems migrating the EA to the MLQ5 VPS, VPS says: "Migration failed, please check the journal of your platform" (see screenshot).
Journal says: "6246841: failed to load program (0)"
I am not able to find any information on this error code anywhere, nor does the developer of the EA.
Any other EA works on the VPS! Advice needed.

Files:

Paal:
I have problems migrating the EA to the MLQ5 VPS, VPS says: "Migration failed, please check the journal of your platform" (see screenshot).
Journal says: "6246841: failed to load program (0)"
I am not able to find any information on this error code anywhere, nor does the developer of the EA.
Any other EA works on the VPS! Advice needed.

Your EA needs updating as it seems and the only one that can help is the author/seller.

If you have the source code, you can use the Freelance section to find a developer to update it.

Reason: