Can't install indicator MT4, doesn't even show in indicator list - page 2

Chrismanu69:

@Sergey Golubev

Dear Sergey

I am very sorry

I am not an IT or programmer guy and i have some difficulties to understand your request. It is the first time I have to request some help for my MT4

I attached the log.

screenshot of journal (sa2) and proof of download (without being in the indicator list) (sa1).

last screenshot is the indicator taken from the market (sa3). same results.

I appreciate that you had special attention and special read. But I don't really understand which kind of technical information you will need?

if you could clarify, that would be very helpful

Note: Metaeditor cannot be found (screenshot and log)

Please let me know if you need anything else, i will be happy to provide it

With thanks

Chris

Thanks for the log. But you did not restart Metatrader before uploading the logs here.

Because if you restart Metatrader and upload the logs so it will be the following lines on the log:

0       06:44:49.778    MetaTrader 4 build 1324 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
0       06:44:49.778    Windows 10 Home Single Language x64, IE 11, UAC, 2 x Intel Celeron N4020  @ 1.10GHz, Memory: 1435 / 3918 Mb, Disk: 72 / 118 Gb, GMT+2
0       06:44:58.314    MQL5.community: activated for 'newdigital', balance: 28.73
0       06:44:59.062    MQL5.chats: activated for 'newdigital'

For example, I restarted Metatrader, after that - I go to journal - right mouse click and Open -

And this is my journal/log by screenshot and attached in *.txt format:

Why we need this log?
This log is telling the following information to us:

• Metatrader build;
  • Internet Explorer version,
  • Windows version,
  • Community login information,
  • more.

Example from my log:

0       06:44:49.778    MetaTrader 4 build 1324 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
0       06:44:49.778    Windows 10 Home Single Language x64, IE 11, UAC, 2 x Intel Celeron N4020  @ 1.10GHz, Memory: 1435 / 3918 Mb, Disk: 72 / 118 Gb, GMT+2
0       06:44:58.314    MQL5.community: activated for 'newdigital', balance: 28.73
0       06:44:59.062    MQL5.chats: activated for 'newdigital'

So, we need the log just because of those 4 lines in the log.

Can you do same?
Restart Metatrader and upload the log (with "those 4 lines included").

Files:
20210302.log  1 kb

Chrismanu69:

screenshot of journal (sa2) and proof of download (without being in the indicator list) (sa1).

last screenshot is the indicator taken from the market (sa3). same results.

Note: Metaeditor cannot be found (screenshot and log)

About "Metaeditor cannot be found" - sems you need to re-install Metatrader 4.
After you upload log file (look at my previous post) containing "those 4 lines" so we can see the build of your Metatrader and your Windows version.

---------------- 

"without being in the indicator list" ...
Indicator must not be on this list. The indicator is on the list when you attach this indicator to the chart.
if you can not attach indicator to the chart so the indicator will not be "on the list".

So, I see from your screenshots what you sucessfully downloaded/installed indicator to your Metatrader:

----------------

Thus, "without being in the indicator list" = "I can not attached this indicator to the chart"
right?

If indicator is not going to be attached to the chart so it may be the following cases:

1. you are using old MT4 build which is not compatible with this indicator ( we will see it from the logs with "those 4 lines"; fixing: update and/or re-install Metatrader);
  2. indicator was compiled with old Metatrader/MetaEditor builds which is not compatibale with your Metatrader you are using now ( we can see your build of Metatrader from "those 4 lines"; fixing - write message to the seller asking him to update his product to the latest Metatrader build);
  3. your Windows was updated, and one activation was lost because of that and indicator stops working ( we can not see it from the logs/from "those 4 lines"; you need to delete indicator from your Metatrader and install this indicator once again).

So, the item/case #3 is most common case (I had "this case" 3 times, means: I had to re-install my Market purchases 3 times after Windows updates).

----------------

Thus, "without being in the indicator list" = "I can not attached this indicator to the chart"
right?

If indicator is not going to be attached to the chart so it may be the following cases:

1. you are using old MT4 build which is not compatible with this indicator ( we will see it from the logs with "those 4 lines"; fixing: update and/or re-install Metatrader);
  2. indicator was compiled with old Metatrader/MetaEditor builds which is not compatibale with your Metatrader you are using now ( we can see your build of Metatrader from "those 4 lines"; fixing - write message to the seller asking him to update his product to the latest Metatrader build);
  3. your Windows was updated, and one activation was lost because of that and indicator stops working ( we can not see it from the logs/from "those 4 lines"; you need to delete indicator from your Metatrader and install this indicator once again).

So, the item/case #3 is most common case (I had "this case" 3 times, means: I had to re-install my Market purchases 3 times after Windows updates).

So, for now, I think - you are able to discover the reason by looking at my 2 previous posts on the thread: post #11 and post #12

Can't install indicator MT4, doesn't even show in indicator list
Can't install indicator MT4, doesn't even show in indicator list
  • www.mql5.com
Hi I will need some help. I download some indicators on my MT4. I can see them in my market list...

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks for the log. But you did not restart Metatrader before uploading the logs here.

Because if you restart Metatrader and upload the logs so it will be the following lines on the log:

For example, I restarted Metatrader, after that - I go to journal - right mouse click and Open -

And this is my journal/log by screenshot and attached in *.txt format:

Why we need this log?
This log is telling the following information to us:

• Metatrader build;
  • Internet Explorer version,
  • Windows version,
  • Community login information,
  • more.

Example from my log:

So, we need the log just because of those 4 lines in the log.

Can you do same?
Restart Metatrader and upload the log (with "those 4 lines included").

Dear Sergey

thanks for your response

I attach the log as you described.

Now I will re-install Metatrader 4

Files:
20210302.log  10 kb
20210301.log  42 kb

Sergey Golubev:

About "Metaeditor cannot be found" - sems you need to re-install Metatrader 4.
After you upload log file (look at my previous post) containing "those 4 lines" so we can see the build of your Metatrader and your Windows version.

---------------- 

NO, I didn't removed the indicator.

As you saw in the journal, indicator is downloading correctly, it load properly, actually MT4 do not respond for a bit and then indicator will be removed by itself every time.

And obviously it is not showing in the indicator list.

Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / copy_rates_from
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / copy_rates_from
  • www.mql5.com
copy_rates_from - MetaTrader for Python - Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
Inkedsa2_LI.jpg  1700 kb

Yes, I was reading your logs (indicator is loaded and removed all the time).
I think - it may be something is wrong with the indicator (the indicator was compiled in MetaEditor by the seller using the old build of Metatrader), or you really need to re-install Metatrader.

Or you need to re-install indicators. Because when indicator is loaded and removed all the time so it means that activation was lost for indicator because of the Windows update. And you need to delete indicator from the Metatrader and install it once again.

----------------

Anyway, I already provided all the information related to this issue (and any possible issues as well).
So, I hope - you will be able to find exact reason and fix it (if not so - sorry).

Well I will take a "sorry" then... LOL, but you can't be more sorry than I am...

I re-install Metatrader, metaeditor, twice, with my broker source and metatrader source...

Same issue...

Metaeditor still not opening, indicator still been deleted automatically

And this happen with ANY indicators, (I just choose to show one in particular but it doesn't work with all MQL5 indicator)

Not happening with any other sources...

Anyway, I guess i will have to switch to something else.

Thanks again

Best

Chrismanu69:

Well I will take a "sorry" then... LOL, but you can't be more sorry than I am...

I re-install Metatrader, metaeditor, twice, with my broker source and metatrader source...

Same issue...

Metaeditor still not opening, indicator still been deleted automatically

And this happen with ANY indicators, (I just choose to show one in particular but it doesn't work with all MQL5 indicator)

Not happening with any other sources...

Anyway, I guess i will have to switch to something else.

Thanks again

Best

You can write to the service desk (read "Contact and reqiests" link on the bottom of the page).
Just select any category, and write to them with the link to this thread (I hope they will be able to discover about what is going on with this situation).

I had the same problem. could not see the new indicator I had installed. I had way toooooo many indicators and I read somewhere that you can only have like 500 or 1000 so I started to delete some indicators....

PS: procedure only on MT4....

On MT4 go to FILE, Open data folder, MQL4, INDICATORS... delete some indicators not being used and delete "mqlcache.dat" file... restarted METATRADER4.

hello do have to wait one week for you to receive the payment b4 i get the indicator or is there something wrong? should i just cancel the purchase or do i need a refund?
Reason: