Pass more than 60 parameters to iCustom

Hi,

I've got an indicator I bought in the market that has too many parameters to be called by  iCustom function in my EA

This is the code I used

iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), indicatorName,"",Amplitude,WiggleRoom,BreakoutPeriod,MaxHistoryBars,DS_Ex,DisplayStats,DisplayPoints,DisplayRatios,DisplayProjections,DisplaySLTP,PA_Ex,FlyingFox,Bartley,Lobster,Dragonfly,Cypher,Shark,DeepLobster,WhiteSwan,BlackSwan,SeaPony,AltShark,AltFlyingFox,MaxFlyingFox,MaxBartley,MaxDragonfly,ALobster,ADragonfly,AFlyingFox,ABartley,"",16436871,7504122,16711680,255,14,"",16748574,255,14,"",8421376,8,1,"",8421376,16443110,13353215,10,7,1,"",true,true,true,true,"",-1,-1,4,"",false,false,"","",0,1);

and compilation give this error: 'iCustom' - wrong parameters count 4025 24

Is there a way to pass more than 63 parameters to iCustom ?

Your iCustom call has 69 parameters.
  1. Limit is 63 for iCustom and 1024 in the tester.
              Does anyone know if there is a limit on number of inputs allowed in EA? - MQL5 programming forum 2020.05.06
  2. The important parameters should be first and things like color and styles last, since defaulting them changes nothing.
  3. If you need to change some inputs past the 63 rd and you don't have the source, there is nothing that can be done.

William Roeder:
Your iCustom call has 69 parameters.
  1. Limit is 63 for iCustom and 1024 in the tester.
              Does anyone know if there is a limit on number of inputs allowed in EA? - MQL5 programming forum 2020.05.06
  2. The important parameters should be first and things like color and styles last, since defaulting them changes nothing.
  3. If you need to change some inputs past the 63 rd and you don't have the source, there is nothing that can be done.

Thank you William.

So the conclusion is   there is nothing that can be done :(

bodojan468: So the conclusion is   there is nothing that can be done :(

That is not what I said.

William Roeder:

That is not what I said.

So if you know a workaround or any tweak  I'm all ears

bodojan468:

So if you know a workaround or any tweak  I'm all ears

there are various work arounds but all of them involve access to the source code...

for example:

re-order the list of parameters so all the important ones that need setting are within the first 63

condense multiple inputs into a single input using strings and then separate out the values in the indicator

place them in a file and have the indicator read the file to get the inputs

there are other methods but in all cases you need to be able to change the source code.

bodojan468: So if you know a workaround or any tweak  I'm all ears

What is the position of the last parameter you are changing? Default the remaining ones.

Paul Anscombe:

there are various work arounds but all of them involve access to the source code...

for example:

re-order the list of parameters so all the important ones that need setting are within the first 63

condense multiple inputs into a single input using strings and then separate out the values in the indicator

place them in a file and have the indicator read the file to get the inputs

there are other methods but in all cases you need to be able to change the source code.

I don't have the source code. I contacted the developer without success.

William Roeder:

What is the position of the last parameter you are changing? Default the remaining ones.

bodojan468: 60

So what is the problem? What part of “default the remaining ones” is unclear? What part of “If you need to change some inputs past the 63 rd” didn't you understand?

William Roeder:

So what is the problem? What part of “default the remaining ones” is unclear? What part of “If you need to change some inputs past the 63 rd” didn't you understand?

Everything is clear .  I was answering to your question

Thanks for your help

Reason: