MQL5 VPS not working

Hello All. I am new to MT4 and VPS so I am a bit confused as to how things work here. I apologize for any silly questions I might ask, for proper understanding sake. I signed up for mql5 and it's free trial vps yesterday and installed it on my mt4 platform but it doesn't seem to send any notifications to my phone. I only want to use custom indicator to receive alerts on my phone but I read somewhere on the forum that I'll need to include an EA (Is that true?) which I did.

I checked throughout the vps journal but didn't find any thing like "1 chart, 1 EA, 2 custom indicators". I uninstalled the mt4 platform this morning and reinstalled but I'm still having the same issues.

I have 2 custom indicators and a random MACD Sample EA (with a sad face) on one chart only.

I have included the vps journal logs as well as my chart below

I have also paused the VPS.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Files:
journal1.PNG  138 kb
journal2.PNG  145 kb
journal3.PNG  137 kb
chart1.PNG  173 kb

I think - you should synchronize the chart(s) with the EA(s) attached into it (or signal subscription in case you are planning to use MQL5 VPS for signal subscription).

Quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/337526

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

Sergey Golubev:
I think - you should synchronize the chart(s) with the EA(s) attached into it (or signal subscription in case you are planning to use MQL5 VPS for signal subscription).
Hello, thanks for your response. I think I did that so many times by right-clicking on the VPS and selecting synchronize experts, indicators.

RG Bhillz:
Hello, thanks for your response. I think I did that so many times by right-clicking on the VPS and selecting synchronize experts, indicators.

No one knows about it (no one knows what you did; you can check it only by reading VPA journal).
Because we do not know any technical details (your images are not enough to make an exact advice about what to do).

• You should check Community tab in Metatrader to be logged with your forum login and forum password (your forum login is realgeorgebhilz; do not use your email for login);
  • check Internet Explorer (it should be installed on your computer with the latest version; I am having version 11);
  • you should connect your Metatrader to the trading account associated with this VPS (because MQL5 VPS is per trading account);
  • and you can check everything in VPS journal/logs (two log files), or updade those files to the thread in *.txt folder and the users will check it 9and will suggest something).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS not working

Eleni Anna Branou, 2020.07.09 10:05

As I already said and Sergey confirmed, you haven't synchronized anything, so your MQL5 VPS is quite empty and doesn't help you at all at the moment.

Follow these instructions:

MQL5 VPS does not work as a traditional VPS. You can use it in order to upload your MT4/5 trading environment onto a virtual server.

So you need to prepare your charts and EAs (or signal subscription settings), that you want to migrate to the virtual server.

After you uploaded and properly setup your EAs on the appropriate currency pairs charts, you click the Auto Trading button on your local MT4/5 terminal.

Then you right click on the MQL5 VPS details in the Navigator window (for MT4) >> Synchronize experts, indicators (or Synchronize signal only, for a signal subscription) or tick the appropriate Migrate option down below in the VPS tab of your Toolbox window for MT5.

Finally you can check that everything was done perfectly in the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal and see if you've got something like below, indicating that your migration was succesful.

for experts, indicators

Sergey Golubev:

No one knows about it (no one knows what you did; you can check it only by reading VPA journal).
Because we do not know any technical details (your images are not enough to make an exact advice about what to do).

• You should check Community tab in Metatrader to be logged with your forum login and forum password (your forum login is realgeorgebhilz; do not use your email for login);
  • check Internet Explorer (it should be installed on your computer with the latest version; I am having version 11);
  • you should connect your Metatrader to the trading account associated with this VPS (because MQL5 VPS is per trading account);
  • and you can check everything in VPS journal/logs (two log files), or updade those files to the thread in *.txt folder and the users will check it 9and will suggest something).

Thanks again for your response,

I have logged into the forum with realgeorgebhilz in MT4, I'm having the latest version of Internet Explorer on my PC and my Metatrader is connected to my VPS trading account, which leaves me with posting my journal logs

this is my vps journal log

Files:
20201215.log  680 kb

I see the following lines:

0    01:08:58.968    '2090377335': login on OlympTrade-Demo through Main (ping: 0.50 ms)
0    01:09:03.999    '2090377335': 2 charts, 2 EAs, 4 custom indicators, signal disabled, not connected to trade server
0    01:09:03.999    RAM: 88 Mb reserved, 86 Mb committed
0    01:26:34.137    '2090377335': login on OlympTrade-Demo through Main (ping: 0.58 ms)
0    01:26:39.340    Connect: 95.168.188.22:443
0    02:09:04.450    '2090377335': 2 charts, 2 EAs, 4 custom indicators, signal disabled, not connected to trade server

it means - you did not connect your Metatrader to your trading account (the account you subscribed to your VPS with), or something is wrong with your broker's server.

You can check this trading server using this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions and compare it with about what was written in Metatrader (in Metatrader: Tools - Options - Server), and compare those two names (same or not same).

Because I was reading one thread where the broker changed the server name (it is alwast same issue with you): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/357995

Sergey Golubev:

I see the following lines:

it means - you did not connect your Metatrader to your trading account (the account you subscribed to your VPS with), or something is wrong with your broker's server.

You can check this trading server using this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions and compare it with about what was written in Metatrader (in Metatrader: Tools - Options - Server), and compare those two names (same or not same).

Because I was reading one thread where the broker changed the server name (it is alwast same issue with you): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/357995

Hello, thanks for your response again. It seems to me that the server names are the same. On my mt4 is written "OlympTrade-Demo - Inlustris Ltd" and my mql5 vps subscriptions displays "OlympTrade-Demo", but in the search box on the vps homepage, "Inlustris Ltd" is highlighted on top of "OlympTrade-Demo" confirming it's the same server, right?

Here are screenshots:

RG Bhillz:

Hello, thanks for your response again. It seems to me that the server names are the same. On my mt4 is written "OlympTrade-Demo - Inlustris Ltd" and my mql5 vps subscriptions displays "OlympTrade-Demo", but in the search box on the vps homepage, "Inlustris Ltd" is highlighted on top of "OlympTrade-Demo" confirming it's the same server, right?

Here are screenshots:

may be same (I think - same).
but it is something with the broker's server anyway (because MQL5 VPS can not connect to this broker's server; means - you can connect your Metatrader to this broker's server but VPS can not ..).

I do not know ... are you on Windows 10 64 bit, right?

You can change broker's server or you can change MQL5 VPS server (we can change it once in a week only) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

pausing my vps

Eleni Anna Branou, 2019.07.15 22:31

You can pause your MQL5 VPS server from working, but you can't pause the time in order to save on subscription fees.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Also - you can check the Community login (it should be something related to "authorization" in Metatrader journal).

Sergey Golubev:

may be same (I think - same).
but it is something with the broker's server anyway (because MQL5 VPS can not connect to this broker's server; means - you can connect your Metatrader to this broker's server but VPS can not ..).

I do not know ... are you on Windows 10 64 bit, right?

You can change broker's server or you can change MQL5 VPS server (we can change it once in a week only) -

Also - you can check the Community login (it should be something related to "authorization" in Metatrader journal).
Yes I use Windows 10 64 bit, can you suggest to me which server I can move to since I don't know how these servers operate? Or probably still can I change my broker since I'm only using a demo account for now? Thanks
Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
  • www.mql5.com
The Virtual Hosting Cloud network was developed specially for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 and has all the advantages of a native solution. Get the benefit of our free 24 hours offer - test out a virtual server right now.

RG Bhillz:
Yes I use Windows 10 64 bit, can you suggest to me which server I can move to since I don't know how these servers operate? Or probably still can I change my broker since I'm only using a demo account for now? Thanks

I don't get what is the problem?

Your EAs and indicators seem to be synchronized correctly.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't get what is the problem?

Your EAs and indicators seem to be synchronized correctly.

Hello, Sergey upon going through my journal logs found out that my vps cannot connect to my broker's server and I am asking for suggestions

Reason: