Protecting expert advisors that i sell on the market

I want so sell an ea for mt5 on the market.
Is there a way to protect the ea so it can't be redistributed?
Thanks!

From the Market rules

• The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
  • The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
  • The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.
  • ----------------

So, the buyers are buying activations which are connected to their hardware and software.

Rules of Using the Market Service
    Rules of Using the Market Service
    • www.mql5.com
    The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...

Sergey Golubev:

From the Market rules

• The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
  • The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
  • The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.
  • ----------------

So, the buyers are buying activations which are connected to their hardware and software.

thanks! Is this activation-requirement for the ea to work added automatically when i put the ea up for sale or will i have to put in some extra code?

Tobias Michael Kerner:
    thanks! Is this activation-requirement for the ea to work added automatically when i put the ea up for sale or will i have to put in some extra code?

Everything is done automatically  .

Licenses ,Activations,Security.

• The only thing im not sure about is if we can read the subscription ending date programmatically to inform the user.
    • And we dont get any LinkOut capability.

These are the only drawdowns , all else is taken care of.

The ea is a Money Management ea that uses an indicator for its grafic interface. I can't seem to upload both files for the automatic test to sell on the market. How can this be fixed?

Tobias Michael Kerner:
    The ea is a Money Management ea that uses an indicator for its grafic interface. I can't seem to upload both files for the automatic test to sell on the market. How can this be fixed?

include the indicator as a resource in the ea

Or code the indicator in the ea ,i assume the indicator is an equity chart

Lorentzos Roussos:

include the indicator as a resource in the ea

Or code the indicator in the ea ,i assume the indicator is an equity chart

thanky, tried including it with #property library and compiled it. Ea is like 150kb bigger now, so should have worked. Only problem is, i can't find the ea anymore in mt5, when i wanted to load it in to try it. Do you know how i can find it?

Tobias Michael Kerner:

thanky, tried including it with #property library and compiled it. Ea is like 150kb bigger now, so should have worked. Only problem is, i can't find the ea anymore in mt5, when i wanted to load it in to try it. Do you know how i can find it?

You placed property library on the indicator ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

You placed property library on the indicator ?

in the ea i used #property library "\\Include\\indicatorname.ex5" to include the indicator within the ea, but it doesn't seem to work. Do i have to use sth else than library? I don't know what

Tobias Michael Kerner:
    in the ea i used #property library "\\Include\\indicatorname.ex5" to include the indicator within the ea, but it doesn't seem to work. Do i have to use sth else than library? I don't know what

I dont think library is used properly .

Are you calling the indicator somewhere in your ea code ? (iCustom) or are you just attaching it on the chart ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

I dont think library is used properly .

Are you calling the indicator somewhere in your ea code ? (iCustom) or are you just attaching it on the chart ?

yes i am calling the indicator in OnInit and it attaches itself to the chart

tried it with #resource but also didn't work

Reason: