VPS Brazil

Many users in Brazil are having trouble loading setups into the VPS (of Brazil). "Migration failed" error since Monday 16th of November. 

dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS.
besides, there are some particularities related to the files which are used by the EAs, for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Is 'Allow DLL import' and 'Allow modification of signal setting ' in MQL4 Indicators dangerous?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.09 06:05

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service MetaTrader (Forex VPS)

No DLLs are allowed on a Virtual terminal. There is no physical capacity to use DLLs there.

If a program launched on a Virtual terminal tries to call a function from any DLL, this EX4/EX5 program is immediately stopped due to a critical error. Any DLL calls are forbidden.

VPS and txt

Rashid Umarov , 2019.02.13 15:52

First, read the online VPS help , there is also a video.

To transfer your own files to MetaTrader VPS, you need to specify the propert compiler in the code. It requires a certain level of ownership of the subject. 

VPS and txt

Slava , 2019.02.13 15:52

To transfer a file to a hosting server (as well as a tester agent), you need to use the directive

#property tester_file "<file_name>"

How to connect to Metatrade VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2020.05.17 22:35

MQL5 VPS doesn't work as a traditional VPS.

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EA or signal subscription in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recorded after your first synchronization.

If you need to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 chart, 1 EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

If its a signal that you want to synchronize, you setup your signal settings at MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Signals tab and then synchronize with your MQL5 VPS server (right click) >> Synchronize signal only.

After the synchronization you check your MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you have the following message: 0 charts, 0 EAs, 0 custom indicators, signal enabled.

Sergey Golubev :

dll é proibida em MQL5 VPS. além disso, existem algumas particularidades relacionadas aos arquivos que são utilizados pelos EAs, por exemplo:

Thanks for the answer! I know that dll is prohibited and I inform you that, in my case, my four EAs in the VPS had been working for almost 3 months. This started to go wrong on Monday the 16th.

Hitoshi Hyodo:

Thanks for the answer! I know that dll is prohibited and I inform you that, in my case, my four EAs in the VPS had been working for almost 3 months. This started to go wrong on Monday the 16th.

The other reason is the Metatrader build in VPS.
Because MQL5 VPS is the "Metatrader in cloud" (and the Metatrader is having some build).
So, it may be the reason that your EAs should be fixed for the new builds (check the build of your VPS).

Besides, we can move VPS subscription from one VPS server to an other one (once in a week only):

pausing my vps

Eleni Anna Branou, 2019.07.15 22:31

You can pause your MQL5 VPS server from working, but you can't pause the time in order to save on subscription fees.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Sergey Golubev:

A outra razão é a construção do Metatrader em VPS.
Porque MQL5 VPS é o "Metatrader na nuvem" (e o Metatrader está tendo algumas construções).
Portanto, pode ser o motivo pelo qual seus EAs devem ser corrigidos para as novas compilações (verifique a compilação de seu VPS).

Além disso, podemos mover a assinatura VPS de um servidor VPS para outro (apenas uma vez por semana):

Thank you again. I will inform my developer if it is a case of being "fixed", despite having made a new compilation today, November 19th (and it didn't work). Unfortunately I must cancel the VPS subscription by the way, at least until this is corrected. It's a shame as I've been using AWS for years and I've always been satisfied. I stayed at VPS for 3 months and realized that everything was fine. Until today.
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Hitoshi Hyodo:
Thank you again. I will inform my developer if it is a case of being "fixed", despite having made a new compilation today, November 19th (and it didn't work). Unfortunately I must cancel the VPS subscription by the way, at least until this is corrected. It's a shame as I've been using AWS for years and I've always been satisfied. I stayed at VPS for 3 months and realized that everything was fine. Until today.

I found the information from the admin (about cancel VPS subscription):

Slava , 2019.02.20 07:45

If you cancel a paid subscription, the remaining time is returned to your MQL5.com account in the form of "free" minutes. Which later can be spent on a new subscription "for minutes."

Sergey Golubev:

The other reason is the Metatrader build in VPS.
Because MQL5 VPS is the "Metatrader in cloud" (and the Metatrader is having some build).
So, it may be the reason that your EAs should be fixed for the new builds (check the build of your VPS).

Besides, we can move VPS subscription from one VPS server to an other one (once in a week only):

Dear Sergey: Still reflecting on your position, I cannot understand or accept how Metaquotes changes and updates the VPS and causes several AEs to stop working and those same AEs that used to work (AND STILL WORKING OUT OF THE VPS) must be corrected. Is it not the VPS that needs to be corrected?

Hitoshi Hyodo:

Dear Sergey: Still reflecting on your position, I cannot understand or accept how Metaquotes changes and updates the VPS and causes several AEs to stop working and those same AEs that used to work (AND STILL WORKING OUT OF THE VPS) must be corrected. Is it not the VPS that needs to be corrected?

Any possible bug should be proven to reproduce this bug (because the developers are reproducing the bugs; and if the bug can not be reproduced because of no technical data available or for any other reason so it means that the bug does not exist).

----------------

Updates VPS = Metatrader in VPS (it is not your computer's Metatrader) was updated to new build (and it is written in your Metatrader's VPS tab in case you are using MT5 for example).

----------------

I described about most often reasons related to MQL5 VPS with the EAs:

• dll;
  • EAs are using some files (text files and so on) which must be transfered to VPS; and in this case - the EA should use #property tester_file "<file_name>" (for example);
  • build of Metatrader in VPS (it is not related to your home Metatrader; because MQL5 VPS = "Metatrader in cloud"; it is the other Metatrader) - if Metatrader in VPS was updated to new build so the coder can look at it and change/fix EA to work with new build;
  • problem with VPS server; in this case - you can change the VPS server (once in a week; look at my previous post abpout HowTo);
  • it may be some other limitations.

Sergey Golubev :

Qualquer possível bug deve ser comprovado para reproduzir este bug (porque os desenvolvedores estão reproduzindo os bugs; e se o bug não pode ser reproduzido por falta de dados técnicos disponíveis ou por qualquer outro motivo, significa que o bug não existe).

Descrevi sobre os motivos mais frequentemente relacionados ao VPS MQL5 com os EAs:

• dll;
  • Os EAs estão usando alguns arquivos (arquivos de texto e assim por diante) que devem ser transferidos para o VPS; e neste caso - o EA deve usar #property tester_file "<file_name>" (por exemplo);
  • compilação do Metatrader em VPS (não está relacionado ao seu Metatrader doméstico; porque MQL5 VPS = "Metatrader em nuvem"; é o outro Metatrader) - se o Metatrader em VPS foi atualizado para uma nova compilação para que o codificador possa ver e alterar / corrige o EA para funcionar com a nova construção;
  • problema com o servidor VPS; neste caso - você pode mudar o servidor VPS (uma vez por semana; veja meu post anterior sobre HowTo);
  • pode haver algumas outras limitações.
Well, OK ... got it. Thanks!
Reason: