EURUSD GBPUSD EURGBP

EURUSD=GBPUSD*EURGBP,

GBPUSD=EURUSD/EURGBP,

EURGBP=EURUSD/GBPUSD.

EURUSD              Ask price is 1.17058

GBPUSD              Ask price is 1.27390

EURGBP             Ask price is  0.92345

Implied price calculation is as follow

·         EURUSD/GBPUSD = 1.17058/1.27390 = 0.91890    (implied value we get)

EURGBP = CURRENT MARKET PRICE is 0.92345 > 0.91890

So we can get profit if sell at higher price

BUY EURUSD

SELL EURGBP

SELL GBPUSD

I want to know is how much lot need to buy and sell to get profit in forex market.

How calculate profitable lot size for each pair.

Thanks you.

Just search here (the lens on this page) for "triangular arbitrage".

There a plenty of solutions and ways to calculate this problem.

Bare in mind that there is almost nothing that has not been coded for MT4/5 yet. You just have to search for it!

Search - MQL5.community
Search - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Searching is based on morphology and is insensitive to case. All letters, no matter of their case, will be processed as lowercase. By default, our search engine shows pages, that...

post #1 for more information collected
How triangular arbitrage system work? Can trade in only one broker?
How triangular arbitrage system work? Can trade in only one broker?
  • www.mql5.com
I have no experience in arbitrage system. I read some articles that system work in buy low sell high of cross pair...

Posible nearly answer is here

https://sites.google.com/site/marketformula/articles/triangular-arbitrage-101/triangular-arbitrage-lot-size

It seem to make

1lot EURUSD   BUY

1lot EURGBP   SELL

8.8 lot GBPUSD  SELL

Am I wrong ?

Welcome more discussion.

Market Formula = Forex Trader + Metatrader - Triangular Arbitrage Lot Size
Market Formula = Forex Trader + Metatrader - Triangular Arbitrage Lot Size
  • sites.google.com
Calculating triangular arbitrage lot size for a "perfectly" hedged triangular arbitrage ring is straightforward once you understand the simple math behind the prices. To get started you need three related pairs that form a ring or triangle, and simultaneous prices from those three pairs. An easy way to record simultaneous prices in a dynamic...
Files:

At noon , when implied price less than current EURGBP price,

I traded as

1.5 Lot BUY EURUSD               is + 171usd

1.5 LOT SELL EURGBP             is -458 usd

1 LOT SELL GBPUSD                is +137 usd

total is - 140 usd

So my lot size is wrong?

Arbitrage trade is simutaneously trade to get profit within short time.

How you trade arbitrage in market?

Files:

There are quite a few rather big problems with tri-arbitrage for a retail trader. 

In order to obtain a neutral position:

- The volumes needs to be exactly calculated. This is not possible with small lot sizes as it will distort a neutral position .

- Network latency can distort a neutral position.

- You can't use market orders, because slippage will distort a neutral position.

- You can't use limit orders either because you risk not getting filled and again will distort a neutral position.

In theory it will work, but unless you have the captial required, the infrastructure required AND a deal with a broker or LP to facilitate guaranteed filling at guaranteed prices, it is not going to happen.

You can find how to calculate tri-arb equivalent lotsizes in the attached script: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/25724
Permutations and Combinations
Permutations and Combinations
  • www.mql5.com
It doesn't happen very often, but every once in awhile one needs to iterate over all of the combinations or permutations of a set of objects. Or more specifically, given a set of N objects, you want to consider k of them at a time (for each combination or permutation). Practically, combinations and permutations algorithms can be used as a...
Reason: