Having Trouble Connecting to Market

Hi Everyone,

Let me start by saying i did do some research and found a few posts on here from people who had similar problems but i was not able to resolve my issue. 

I am not able to download indicators or EAs from the MQL5 website (which would then open MT4 and install the indicator/EA) when i click the download button it opens MT4 but nothing happens. 

I am not able to view anything in the market tab on MT4, when i open the market tab its just white and nothing loads. 

When i go to the top right search button on MT4 and search for the indicator i want, it shows up in the search on the terminal search, when i click the indicator in that search it opens it up in the market tab on MT4. When i click the download button nothing happens. 

I uninstalled MT4 and all user data from my computer, i am using Oanda as my broker, i went to their website and redownloaded the desktop application.

Restarted my computer. 

Logged into MT4 program.

In MT4 i clicked tools> options>community and logged into MQL5 with my credentials. 

i am still not able to download the indicator. I tried to download more than one product to see if it was just the one indicator. Nothing works. 

I came across a post on the community someone saying to go into the data folder, and under the community folder deleting any .dat files. But i dont think i saw any .dat files before or after i uninstalled/reinstalled MT4. 

I also contacted Oanda they said they couldn't help its not a problem on their end. 

The market tab was working fine for me last week, and i was able to click the download button for any indicator/EA on MQL5 website which worked fine last week. Randomly its not working.

Any information, advise, help that anyone can provide is much appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

You can check Community tab in Metatrader:
it should be filled with your forum login (not by your email) and your forum password.
Your forum login is confactor
The sucessful login to Community tab may be confirmed with Metatrader journal (it should be written there about - sucessful or not).

Besides, make sure that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your computer (I am having version 11).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I cant install the purchased EA in MT5 platform

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.21 13:36

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login - not your email.
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).

----------------

1. "authorization failed" issue solving #1
2. possible fixing #71 and #80
3. product is purchased but not downloaded yet https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/333647
4. all possible options and about what to do: post #9
5. how it was solved: post #13

Reason: