MT5 does not open - page 2

GR2508 #:

Has exactly the same problem here, both with MT4 and MT5. Terminals from several different brokers that I installed today just do not open.

Noted, but even having asked my broker GENIAL to help me out by cancelling my MT5 contract with them and "recontracting" their service (which seems somehow linked to METAQUOTES), I reinstalled their version of MT5 but NO SUCCESS. Both MT4 and MT5 seemed totally USELESS and now - much to my despair - I am totally UNABLE to access my TRADING ENVIRONMENT. I lost this Friday and probably many more days to come, without know WHAT TO DO.

Any bright ideas from people who have gone through this some day and found the solution ? They simply DON'T OPEN at all, no matter how many time I have uninstalled and reinstalled them. It's as though they have been banned by METAQUOTES or something. 

EVERYTHING in my fast, modern PC is running smoothly, EXCEPT these two. 

Very, very strange

Billy

Any solution? Same problem here, but MT4 still opens..... MT5 freshly intalled dont even starts.

Windows 10 64, Asus laptop.

Victor Hellmeister #:

Any solution? Same problem here, but MT4 still opens..... MT5 freshly intalled dont even starts.

Windows 10 64, Asus laptop.

It was discussed during the several days on the forum.
So, please check the information which I collected as a result of the discussion/decision about -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

My trading platform shut down alone

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.08 01:18

Some users reported yesterday about their antivirus issue.
read post , post  , post and post

• How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page
  • Limitations to use old builds of MT4/MT5 or old versions of Windows (incl antivirus issue): this page

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can't open MT5 on my Windows.

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.09 05:23

1. Windows 32-bit is not supported by Metatrader 5 anymore.
So, Metatrader 5 will not be started/opened in case your Windows is 32-bit.
You may check it when you are able to open MT5:

2. Several traders had this issue (it is what I can read on this forum), and this issue was related to their anti-virus and/or firewall in their Windows.
Yes, several users fixed this issue by themselves, and they told to all of us: "it is issue related to anti-virus and/or firewall."
Two users are from Russian forum and one from this forum.
So, close your antivirus (turn it off) and made an exception in antivirus for Metatrader.

3. beta builds; try to install released/stable version - look at post

4. Are you using some external VPS?
Because some VPS providers were banned from the Market and from mql5 portal.

I also ran into such a problem, so thanks to everyone for the recommendations, for the topic.

I can confirm the problem is indeed with the anti virus, and it is now fixed at my end. Try the following:

1. Dowload the latest MT5/MT4 version from the official website.

2. Disable anti virus software by pausing protecting etc briefly.

3. Install the exe downloaded earlier.

4. Open metatrader.

5. re-enable the anti virus protection.

The problem happened to me when MT5 had an update, my guess is that when i clicked on the "Restart" button for MT5 to complete the update, my anti virus blocked some scripts, which might have caused the problem with finalizing the update.

hope this helps!

667178 #: 1. Dowload the latest MT5/MT4 version from the official website.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

Reason: