MetaTrader 4 - no "connection" problem - anybody else? - page 2

Nice.

That works better.

I wonder why after using MetaTrader for almost 2 years you now have to do this step? I never had this problem until the recent upgrade install.

Thanks,
Bear

If there isn't some way that MT4 automatically rescans for servers upon dropped connection, maybe there should be. . .

Good morning everyone.
I have the "no conection" problem at the moment. Last print on the 1 min chart was 30 mins or so ago. In the bottom right hand box, I have a 2 servers, backup.metaquotes.net and demo.metaquotes.net. However, there is no tick against either of them, and using the log in box does not connect me either. Is there a server problem this morning?
Many thanks.

I've been having the same exact problems since I upgraded to 198 as well except I'm using the interbankfx servers. This is quite a big problem.

Hi,

I am from Neuimex Asset Management, Switzerland. We too have a lot of requests and problems with that "no connection". And it is indeed fact that it occurs since the last update. Is there a solution or will it be solved in the next build?

Regards, looking forward to your answer.

Klaus Richter,
Neuimex, Zurich

Hi,

I am from Neuimex Asset Management, Switzerland. We too have a lot of requests and problems with that "no connection". And it is indeed fact that it occurs since the last update. Is there a solution or will it be solved in the next build?

Klaus Richter,
Neuimex, Zurich

Yes, new build 199 will be within several days.

Hi,

Klaus Richter,
Neuimex, Zurich

Yes, new build 199 will be within several days.

Thanks a lot!

I know this is very old thread,  but I want to share my 5 ways of solving Metatrader 4 "No connection" problem, because, many people still wonder how to solve it.

1. Do “Rescan servers”. Click right mouse button in the right-bottom corner and choose "Rescan".
2. Simple MT4 restart might solve the problem.
3. Try to Login to Trading Account again.
4. Try to login using another server.
5. Disable your Anti-Virus, Firewall or Internet security software.

If none of these help it could be there's a problem with your Internet connection. Here's how to find out:

A. Check if Internet Connection is working using web-browser.
B. Check MT4 Journal.
C. Contact support.

Hope this helps. 

Reason: