Why is the Strategy Tester not working?

I thought I downloaded the entire history of the EURUSD from History Center. The months go back to 1971, but the minutes will only go back until August of this year. When I try to run a test of the past 5 years, it only goes back 10 days and executes 2 total trades.

farmerjohn:
I thought I downloaded the entire history of the EURUSD from History Center. The months go back to 1971, but the minutes will only go back until August of this year. When I try to run a test of the past 5 years, it only goes back 10 days and executes 2 total trades.
Seems that you don't have that history. Open the history center, select your symbol and timeframe and scroll down to the last bar. Do you have there bar from 1971?

farmerjohn: I thought I downloaded the entire history of the EURUSD from History Center. The months go back to 1971, but the minutes will only go back until August of this year. When I try to run a test of the past 5 years, it only goes back 10 days and executes 2 total trades.
  1. That sounds like MT4.

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum?
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

William Roeder:
  1. That sounds like MT4.

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum?
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.
 Ok, thanks. Especially for that link at the very end. So is it basically unrealistic to expect to do a 10-year backtest of an EA that uses M5 charts? Now that I downloaded the data like you suggested, it goes back to 5/27/20. I also noticed that the modeling quality is very low (50.73%). Is that a problem? Does it mean my backtests are meaningless?

1. Then you need to find data, free or otherwise.
  2. It's a problem unless your EA only operates on a new bar.

William Roeder:
  1. Then you need to find data, free or otherwise.
  2. It's a problem unless your EA only operates on a new bar.
What's the best place to find data? Even if it's not free? And how do I know the numbers would match my brokers numbers?
Reason: