EA not opening orders after changing profile

Hi,

Does anybody know why might the EA not be opening any orders after I changed the account? I am backtesting so I do not want to restart the MT4 platform and VPS again, I did it once, but it has not opened any trades in a whole week.

Best regards

Do you have the sub-boxes checked?
          ToolsOptions (control+O) → Expert AdvisorsAllow automated trading

William Roeder:
Do you have the sub-boxes checked?
          ToolsOptions (control+O) → Expert AdvisorsAllow automated trading

All of them per chart and general. It stopped at first because I had the option to Stop Automatic Trading when the Profile Changes but after reactivating it, it never worked again. 

Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Profiling means collecting program parameters during its execution. During a profiling, the execution time and the number of calls of individual functions and program code lines are measured. With this tool, the programmer is able to find and optimize the slowest code sections. Profiling can be performed on the normal chart of the trading...

Hi Yajaira 

Can you send log file. Also send a screenshot 

Kourosh Davallou:

Hi Yajaira 

Can you send log file. Also send a screenshot 

Here it is Kourosh. I hope it is what you mean. I tried launching another EA and it did work: EA Acorralado, you can see it in the log file, but mine totally stopped working, although it does not show any problems. 

This expert reads the news from the site. As a result, you will not be able to take the Backtest and will have to take the test as a Fordward.

Saves his file but could not open it in case of GOLD chart.

Check the Files folder

11:00:09.653 MarketsMasterEA [DAX30],M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:09.872 MarketsMasterEA [DJI30],M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:10.825 MarketsMasterEA GOLD,M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:14.357 MarketsMasterEA GOLD,M15: Error in FileOpen. Error code =5004

Kourosh Davallou:

This expert reads the news from the site. As a result, you will not be able to take the Backtest and will have to take the test as a Fordward.

Saves his file but could not open it in case of GOLD chart.

Check the Files folder

11:00:09.653 MarketsMasterEA [DAX30],M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:09.872 MarketsMasterEA [DJI30],M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:10.825 MarketsMasterEA GOLD,M15: Investing.com News Loading...

11:00:14.357 MarketsMasterEA GOLD,M15: Error in FileOpen. Error code =5004

That could be a good reason, because there is a while loop at the code when it does not open the file, it might have been stopping all the EAs at other charts from working, I guess.

YThi MJ:

That could be a good reason, because there is a while loop at the code when it does not open the file, it might have been stopping all the EAs at other charts from working, I guess.

I think this expert can not work for GOLD, because this site has  indices news.
Also, uppercase and lowercase letters in gold may not be able to load the gold file

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

Kourosh Davallou:
I think this expert can not work for GOLD, because this site has  indices news.
Also, uppercase and lowercase letters in gold may not be able to load the gold file

I have seen it work in Gold, it is just that it must have all news disconnected. Today it seems to be working okay for pairs and indices. True I have not yet seen Gold opening any orders today, though the market is ranging a bit. 

YThi MJ: why might the EA not be opening any orders after I changed the account?

William Roeder: Do you have the sub-boxes checked?  ToolsOptions (control+O) → Expert AdvisorsAllow automated trading

YThi MJ: All of them per chart and general. 

So you checked “Disable automated trading when the account has been changed” and you wonder why it stopped when you changed the account?

Reason: