Activation, how does MQL5 declare that its the same computer?

Hello everyone! I just want to ask the topic of Activation. For example I will be migrating the image of my VPS in AWS to Google cloud, is it possible to avoid the use of another activation? What does MQL5 check to say that its the same computer? Is there some sort of serial code in the computer that it checks? 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Indicators and EA dissappeared after installing new drive

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.23 18:33

Activation is per hardware configuration and per software configuration.

----------------‌

Rules of Using the Market Service

The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.

The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

And this is about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Adding a processor to a VPS without loosing licenses

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.26 09:34

In case of MQL5 Market: 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System).

And this is information about MQL5 VPS (from MQL5 Rules) - Products purchased at the Market do not require additional activation for working in the Virtual terminal. The number of a purchased Product's available activations is not decreased.

So, you may lose activation in your computer (or your standard VPS) if you change some hardware for example (but you did not lose activation in case of MQL5 VPS using).

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...
Reason: