If I activate my ea on mql5 vps, I loose activation once or ?

Dear readers.

I hope I can write it down so you guys can understand.

My question is next.

I bought a EA with 5 activations.

I watch the:

So, if I use this one, I will pay for VPS and lose 1 activation.

But, I plan to use the same EA at other account from my existing broker (like other one for higher risk management or even provide a signal).

So, every time I create this VPS with different account from my broker, I need to pay again VPS charge and also lose activation ?
It's is confusing, because I do everything from 1 PC.

Other solution is to rent like Google Cloud VM Instance which cost like $55/month, but at least I will lose just 1 activation, and can run many mt4 simultaneously.

In case of MQL5 VPS: the activation is per computer (software as OS + hardware).
It means that you can use one activation on many Metatrader instances with many trading accounts within one computer.

But you may lose activation on the following cases:

• if you change some hardware in your computer, or
  • if Windows 10 will be updated (Windows 10 key updates are made by Microsoft as the way of a new OS), or
  • if you made a different authrization on your Windows, for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Product activation crashes

Rashid Umarov , 2021.06.03 09:42

In the Windows operating system, different authorization methods provide different system configurations:

1. Authorization by a regular user

2. Authorization by the administrator

3. Authorization via remote access (even if one of the above two accounts is selected)

Therefore, each of these cases requires separate product activation, even if the Windows version has not changed and there has been no hardware update. Check how you log in.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

About activations in MQL5 VPS:

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service -  Migration 

Products purchased at the Market do not require additional activation for working in the Virtual terminal. The number of a purchased Product's available activations is not decreased.

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
The page contains the rules of using the Virtual Hosting service (Virtual Hosting Cloud): general provisions, virtual hosting rental conditions, payment terms, as well as violations entailing termination of service.

Tutmozis:

There are some limitations in MQL5 VPS (especially concerning EAs): dll is prohibited in MQL5 VPS (if EA is using dll so this EA will not work on MQL5 VPS), besides, EA should be coded especially for MQL5 VPS in case this EA is using some indicator (as icustom for example) or using/creating/loading some external file.

Is also depends on the following: it is for MT4 or MT5.
If MT5 so there are the following information:

For Metatrader 5 only, limitations:

• 32-bit terminals are no longer allowed to load programs from the Market.
  • 32-bit terminals cannot connect to the hosting service.
  • The 32-bit MetaEditor version does not support additional file protection via MQL5 Cloud Protector.
  • MQL5 programs compiled under old MetaEditor versions (released 5 years ago or more) cannot run in the new terminal version.
  • more here

• Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
    Forex Market – App Store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots, Expert Advisors and technical indicators
    • www.mql5.com
    An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

Tutmozis:

Dear readers.

I hope I can write it down so you guys can understand.

My question is next.

I watch the:

So, if I use this one, I will pay for VPS and lose 1 activation.

But, I plan to use the same EA at other account from my existing broker (like other one for higher risk management or even provide a signal).

So, every time I create this VPS with different account from my broker, I need to pay again VPS charge and also lose activation ?
    It's is confusing, because I do everything from 1 PC.

Other solution is to rent like Google Cloud VM Instance which cost like $55/month, but at least I will lose just 1 activation, and can run many mt4 simultaneously.

No, you will only need 1 activation to install your EA on your PC, then you can use it in as many trading accounts and MQL5 VPSs as you want with that 1 activation.

As Sergey posted, you will need an extra activation if your windows updates to a major release (but for these major updates Metaquotes usually credits one extra activation), you change your computer's hardware (motherboard, hard disk or memory upgrade) or you need to install your EA on another computer.

Thank you for answers !
    Reason: