Subscribed to signal but hasn't shown up in MT4

Hi,

I have just subscribed to a signal, made the payment, which shows on my MQL5.com account with reference to the signal.

MQL also has the signal in my subscribed signals list, with the correct trading account number against it.

Trouble is it just didn't turn up in MT4. 

I tried restarting the platform, logging out of MQL5 community (on MT4) and back in again, and combination of both. The platform just can't seem to "see" the subscription.

I found this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/330652 but it didn't yield anydefinitive actions to solve it.

Anyone else seen this before? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

subscribed signal but not showing up in mt4
subscribed signal but not showing up in mt4
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, Usually when I sub to a signal it shows up below account num in mt4...

Make sure that you filled Community tab in Metatrader with your forum login (your forum login is robbmorp; not by your email) and forum password.
Make sure that you connected with the trading account in Metatrader (the trading account you subscribed to the signal to).

And read this post for the rest: post

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
  • www.mql5.com
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal: 1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 2...

Sergey Golubev:

Make sure that you filled Community tab in Metatrader with your forum login (your forum login is robbmorp; not by your email) and forum password.
Make sure that you connected with the trading account in Metatrader (the trading account you subscribed to the signal to).

And read this post for the rest: post

Thanks for the quick reply Sergey.

I am (and was) definitely logged into mql5 community both on the platform and the website. 

I have basically done what is in the instructions, with the exception that I initiated the purchase from the mql5 website rather than the terminal, however the website directed me into my MT4 platform which was logged onto the target trading account and I did the payment through the MT4 interface. When the payment process was complete and confirmed MT4 didn't present the Signals tab of the Options dialog for setting parameters and I can't get it to trigger that step.

Now MQL5 thinks I'm subscribed to the signal, for the correct trading account, and has a record of the payment, but MT4 just won't register the signal. 

Any ideas how I can resolve?

Thanks,

Robbie.

I know two reasons only for that:

• you did not fill Community tab in correct way with your forum login (not by email!) and forum password (you can check it in the journal/logs),
  • you did not login to trading account assosiated with your subscription,
  • you paid by Visa or paypal or any other external payment system other than directly from MQL5 forum profile (money did not come to the signal system, means: few days did not pass from your payment).

There are some exotic reasons such as the following: your broker changed the name of the trading server on your trading account, you confused MT4 with MT5 (you subscribed to MT4 signal trying to use it on MT5), and may be more.

----------------

You can investigate about it ...
if not so - some other users may reply with suggestion.

Sergey Golubev:

I know two reasons only for that:

• you did not fill Community tab in correct way with your forum login (not by email!) and forum password (you can check it in the journal/logs),
  • you did not login to trading account assosiated with your subscription,
  • you paid by Visa or paypal or any other external payment system other than directly from MQL5 forum profile (money did not come to the signal system, means: few days did not pass from your payment).

There are some exotic reasons such as the following: your broker changed the name of the trading server on your trading account, you confused MT4 with MT5 (you subscribed to MT4 signal trying to use it on MT5), and may be more.

----------------

You can investigate about it ...
if not so - some other users may reply with suggestion.

Must be paying by VISA then. Although I did the same last week and it was immediate. Also, bank confirmed, mql5 'operations' page also confirms payment. Don't know why this should delay service. 
How long does it now ally take to catch up? 
Cheers. 
Robbie. 

robbmorp:
Must be paying by VISA then. Although I did the same last week and it was immediate. Also, bank confirmed, mql5 'operations' page also confirms payment. Don't know why this should delay service. 
How long does it now ally take to catch up? 
Cheers. 
Robbie. 
How long?
No idea.
When I was buying the product so I deposited the money to my mql5 profile first so it was immediately for me.
I remember one thread when the user told about few days (I can not find this thread now).
Reason: