Where can someone get more info about grid in EAs? More specifically how does the take profit work in grid?

Where can someone get more info about grid in EAs? More specifically how does the take profit work in grid?

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum 2015.02.11

Why it won't work: Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum 2017.07.11

Thanks for your reply but it's not what I am looking for..

I need to find more information on how an EA take profit in grid..  

Grid

The forum threads

1. Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions)
  2. Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG

CodeBase

1. Grid Semiautomat Panel - expert for MetaTrader 5
  2. Grid Template EA - expert for MetaTrader 4
  3. VR---SETKA---3_v2 - expert for MetaTrader 5
  4. Grid - script for MetaTrader 5
  5. more here
Grid Template EA
Grid Template EA
  • www.mql5.com
HistoScalperEA This expert is a tool to test any of my histo indicator (8) for testing and find better settings to trade. You can use separately one by one indicator or more of one or all together as a system. Expert need all indicators for working and generate signals. CompassLineEA The expert uses iFollowLine and iCompass indicators to...

William Roeder:

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.

There are grids and grids, William. There are intelligent methods to work with grids. My software e.g. has a special function to generate grids based on the ATR, dynamic grids which replace orders theirselves, which calculate the order sizes based on a fixed, defined risk, automatisms which close such scaled entries also based on the dynamics of the market. And I have some partners (professional traders) who use and teach this kind of trading and demonstrate this on live accounts since years - with success! The reason is simple: The market has three directions, up, down and sidewards. As long as you don´t hold against the trend all the time, you are able to catch 2 of 3 directions instead of only 1 of 3, but of course - you have to handle it with discipline. I agree, when someone tries to use a grid with fixed distance which ignores the market movements, and does not use SL and no intelligent way to close positions, it won´t work. 

In my live trading sessions which I do for the public, I also use scaled (actually also grid-based-entries) many times and demonstrate how to manage such, how to use scaling to minimize the risk and to increase the success-rate drastically. I demonstrated it couple of times also on live-trading-stages during conventions where some traders did live trading all day long, Last time, I traded two live-accounts, <>30.000 EUR, one manual, one automated. Both ended with success, both with <> 2% profit. But the automated one with much less stress. As long as you control your risk, its a method to be much more profitable than without. 

If you want to participate live next time, drop me a PN and I will invite you.

thank you for all the replies. Really appreciate your help!!
Reason: