Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Find out how social trading can improve your profits
chkone
chkone 2014.08.05 20:39 

Hello,

I have some trouble to install Metatrader 4 or 5.

I am under a proxy, during the installation I would like to specify the address AND the port of the proxy.

During the installation I didn't see any field to specify this number, it is plan to support proxy port?

Thanks

Chkone

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.08.05 22:02  
chkone:

Hello,

I am under a proxy, during the installation I would like to specify the address AND the port of the proxy.

During the installation I didn't see any field to specify this number, it is plan to support proxy port?

Thanks

Chkone

Please read the documentation :

IP address and server port number separated by a colon are specified here.

graziani
graziani 2014.08.06 09:48  

In my environment installation goes without problems, it probably uses the proxy defined by the IE (you can probably get this verified by service desk). I don't believe that you can specify it.  

However, from version to version there are problems with proxy, it simply doesn't work (although installation works), so before upgrading to a new release, first check if the new release works with proxy.

EDIT: I just found this info, so you can try it out:

'You can force individual applications to use proxies, even if the applications themselves don't support proxies, by using tools such FreeCAP or Socksify.'

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.08.06 14:11  
graziani:

In my environment installation goes without problems, it probably uses the proxy defined by the IE (you can probably get this verified by service desk). I don't believe that you can specify it.  

However, from version to version there are problems with proxy, it simply doesn't work (although installation works), so before upgrading to a new release, first check if the new release works with proxy.

EDIT: I just found this info, so you can try it out:

'You can force individual applications to use proxies, even if the applications themselves don't support proxies, by using tools such FreeCAP or Socksify.'

Do you mean current build of MT4 (670) or MT5 (975) don't work via a proxy ?
graziani
graziani 2014.08.06 22:11  
angevoyageur:
Do you mean current build of MT4 (670) or MT5 (975) don't work via a proxy ?

Well, i installed 3 different instances of  MT4 b670 (Admiral, Alpari and MQ)  approx a month ago and had the 'Proxy is not suitable' issue again, i don't remember how i solved it but it worked in the end (clean install in portable mode?). There was never a problem with installation.

I am not using MT5 anymore, but i believe b965 works. I haven't tested MT5 b975.

MT4 issues started in May, with b646 which didn't work at all, to quote myself:

With MT4 b646 you have introduced proxy issues AGAIN. So proxy is NOT WORKING under b646!! 'Proxy is not suitable' is the test result message. MT4 b509, MT4 b628 & MT5 b930 are working, and MT4 b646 is NOT WORKING. Well can't you have a single proxy class for both MT4 and MT5? and when you make it work, DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN !!!

Forum | 2014.05.05 11:49 | graziani 

chkone
chkone 2014.08.06 23:56  

Just adding the port after colon on address field fix the issue. (As the documentation specification :) !

Thanks

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.08.07 00:06  
graziani:

Well, i installed 3 different instances of  MT4 b670 (Admiral, Alpari and MQ)  approx a month ago and had the 'Proxy is not suitable' issue again, i don't remember how i solved it but it worked in the end (clean install in portable mode?). There was never a problem with installation.

I am not using MT5 anymore, but i believe b965 works. I haven't tested MT5 b975.

MT4 issues started in May, with b646 which didn't work at all, to quote myself:

With MT4 b646 you have introduced proxy issues AGAIN. So proxy is NOT WORKING under b646!! 'Proxy is not suitable' is the test result message. MT4 b509, MT4 b628 & MT5 b930 are working, and MT4 b646 is NOT WORKING. Well can't you have a single proxy class for both MT4 and MT5? and when you make it work, DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN !!!

Forum | 2014.05.05 11:49 | graziani 

Thank you, do you have a ticket number ?
punal2008
punal2008 2014.08.07 01:43  
chkone:

Hello,

Thanks

Chkone

dear you easy install your meta trader 4 and 5 you can download and install in system easily 
/
To add comments, please log in or register