Storing/sending Data from VPS

Hello,

So I have a VPS setup to trade auto for me (the official ones where you sync your settings from the terminal and there doesnt seem to be any remote desktop connection thing). This works fine, however I have written an indicator that saves tick data from the chart from my broker and saves it as a file in the files folder of mt4. The idea is that I am able to use this exact data for strategy tester to get most accurate data (live tick data from broker). I will import into tick data suite etc.

Outside the vps, this works fine, however I'd like this indicator to do its job on a vps so I dont have to run my computer all day to dump mt4 tick data out. (Which is what I'm doing right now)

So I'm trying to find out what my options are. It appears that the vps doesnt allow you to write to the file system using FileOpen and I cannot access those files once written to the VPS because there's no "remote desktop connection" option for these vps right?

If I try and use SendMail to send an email with the tick data it always fails even when my email server is setup as gmail. Sendmail works outside the vps before I sync it.

I'm sure ftp doesnt work either.

It looks like I'm going to have to rent a vps outside of meta traders official vps like AWS ec2 because meta traders official vps is limited in its configuration. It seems that they have a firewall blocking things and cant write to file system which I cant have exceptions for.

If it is about MQL5 VPS so dll is prohibited on this kind of VPS:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS not working in EA

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.01 20:55

dll is not allowed on MQL5 VPS -

---------------- 

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service 

No DLLs are allowed on a Virtual terminal. There is no physical capacity to use DLLs there.
If a program launched on a Virtual terminal tries to call a function from any DLL, this EX4/EX5 program is immediately stopped due to a critical error. Any DLL calls are forbidden.

And I found something which may be related -

----------------

How to transfer the files (for example, txt file) to VPS

VPS and txt

Rashid Umarov , 2019.02.13 15:52

First, read the online VPS help , there is also a video.

To transfer your own files to MetaTrader VPS, you need to specify the propert compiler in the code. It requires a certain level of ownership of the subject. 

VPS and txt

Slava , 2019.02.13 15:52

To transfer a file to a hosting server (as well as a tester agent), you need to use the directive

#property tester_file "<file_name>"

Reason: