EA code theft

After doing my homework I concluded that there is no safe way to have the code of my EA private if I make public the EX4 file.

With dlls is harder to crack but still doable.

If I wanted to have profits using money from other people, I read somewhere here that I can sell "the signal":

1) Im not sure how this works, could anyone point me to that direction please.

and most importantly

2) Is this a 100% way to protect the content of the code of my EA.

Thank you very much.

palepalepale:

I want to protect my baby :)

Put up a test result with fixed lot. That shows better the potential. 

Go to -> https://www.mql5.com/en/signals

It is a sure way to protect your EA but believe me, no one is interested in making hard efforts to get your code. 

Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
Trading signals for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Choose a signal you are interested in and subscribe to it in a few clicks. Monitored accounts are provided with a detailed statistics and trading history. Watch a Tutorial Video on how to subscribe to a Signal. Sell the...

palepalepale:

After doing my homework I concluded that there is no safe way to have the code of my EA private if I make public the EX4 file.

With dlls is harder to crack but still doable.

If I wanted to have profits using money from other people, I read somewhere here that I can sell "the signal":

1) Im not sure how this works, could anyone point me to that direction please.

and most importantly

2) Is this a 100% way to protect the content of the code of my EA.

Thank you very much.

compile the code using Cloud Protector

palepalepale: I concluded that there is no safe way to have the code of my EA private if I make public the EX4 file.

Conclude differently. There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ 2014.02.03
          Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum
          Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2

@palepalepale your best option is the mql market (if you dont have any custom logins ,in app purchases ,license control and auto-upgrades etc) expecially if you want your user to have visual contact with your EA 

I really wish to conclude differently, All I read is that these expert programmers can decompile it charging somewhere between $30 to $100 dollars. So it is a fact that there hasnt been 1 single case of decompilation with the current build?

Secondly, using the signals through this website and metatrader no one has access to the ex or mq4 file, is this correct?

So the only way to decifer code is to back engineer it? which is totally fair.

3) when I register a signal, users can only see results of it since the moment I register it or can they backtest like in metatrader?

4)I see that you can put the signal as demo or real money, I want to put it as demo first, do I have the option to change it afterwards?

palepalepale:
I really wish to conclude differently, All I read is that these expert programmers can decompile it charging somewhere between $30 to $100 dollars. So it is a fact that there hasnt been 1 single case of decompilation with the current build?

Secondly, using the signals through this website and metatrader no one has access to the ex or mq4 file, is this correct?

So the only way to decifer code is to back engineer it? which is totally fair.

3) when I register a signal, users can only see results of it since the moment I register it or can they backtest like in metatrader?

4)I see that you can put the signal as demo or real money, I want to put it as demo first, do I have the option to change it afterwards?

This is old discussion (and old questions/answers) which was already finished long time ago.

1. You can read anything you want but the true is the following: no any proof that the compiled code (compiled with new MT4/MT5) can be decompiled. Because it is the same protection as the protection  for the Market.
2. No one can access to your ex4/ex5 file (the brokers do not have access too) in case you are doing the signal.
3. Signals can not be backtested. But the users will see your past trades.
4. If you create a demo signal so the users can subscribe to your signal for free using their demo accounts only (free for everybody).

----------------

About cloud protector - read this thread:

Want to know details about Compile file with MQL5 cloud Protection

----------------

• www.mql5.com
Dear I want to details how this function work "Compile file with MQL5 cloud Protection...
Reason: