Is ENUM_SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION an optional parameter?

I have looked several EA example scripts that buy and sell and I do not see "ENUM_SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION". Is this an optional parameter?

Thank you...

William Roeder:

I do not see that in List of MQL5 Constants - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5 You can't make up stuff.

@William Roeder i can see it : https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants#enum_symbol_trade_execution

@Ralph Freshour its probably for checking a symbols execution mode , but there is little documentation for it . It appears its not something you need to send in the trade request.

I stand corrected.

I did see it in the docs William but I did not see it used in several EA example scripts that I had looked at.

Perhaps Lorentzos said it best with "...It appears its not something you need to send in the trade request...". Indeed not as my EA learning script that I am building up I can successfully place immediate execution trades using MT5.

Obviously I would have gotten an error message had this parameter been required.

Thanks to both of you.

Reason: