MQL Newbie question - Generating Statistics?

Hello there,

i would like to general ask if it would be possible to build some Script for MetaTrader 4 or 5 to do the following.

Getting average statistics for a specific price bar over x amount of past time like for example:

A price bar M15 00:00 AM high/low broke. Here i would like to know for how many pips the price bar broke in one direction by accepting my inputs as values like (1,5,10 Points). Then out of these results showing a percentage number like M15 00:00 high/low broke on average for 50% for about 5 points before price retraced, 30% for 10 points and so on.

Maybe even something like that already exists to get statistics over past price data in such form like through a website or commercial tool. Doesn't have to be coded for MetaTrader but not sure.

thanks for your help in advance.

kind regards

1. yes.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
              Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the answer.

2. xplsive Roman: A price bar M15 00:00 AM high/low broke.
    Broke what?
              Be precise and informative about your problem

3. Here i would like to know for how many pips the price bar broke in one direction by accepting my inputs a
    The amount price moves beyond your line has nothing to do with an input variable. How many pips in how long?

4. You haven't stated a problem, you stated a very vague want. Until you can generate concrete criteria it can not be coded. Then Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help 2017.04.21

William Roeder:
  1. yes.
              Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the answer.

2. Broke what?
              Be precise and informative about your problem

3. The amount price moves beyond your line has nothing to do with an input variable. How many pips in how long?

4. You haven't stated a problem, you stated a very vague want. Until you can generate concrete criteria it can not be coded. Then Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help 2017.04.21

Broke the low of the last price bar/candle. 

So lets say EUR/USD M15 00:00 is my starting point (should be variable). Then i want to check for how many times (percentage value) price traveled on upwards after the next bar M15 bar opened at 00:15 for at least X pips (my testing value) after price broke the high of 00:00 (1 pips broke through). Then further it should check for how many times (percentage value) price traveled the other way around for at least X pips (my testing value) IF it did NOT broke the high and instead broke the low of M15 00:00 bar after M15 00:15 and traveled south from there on.

Hope its a bit more clear by now. Sorry, English is not my first language. So if something like that would be possible to do i would be interested how/where to start or what it would cost getting it programmed by anyone able to do so.

Best regards

Of course it's possible.

Top of every page is Freelance

I had posted that I have a couple of indicators that might work but the post got DELETED?

Avery Horton:

I had posted that I have a couple of indicators that might work but the post got DELETED?

If you want to share indicators, post the source code.

Reason: