Indicators: Identify potential entries

Identify potential entries:

I want to share with you this story. When I started trading, I learnt the scalping strategy in a volatile market. I really loved scalping especially when I see the price is moving fast. However, scalping for a long period of time is exhausting to me especially in a volatile market; volatile market requires fast analysis, actions and reactions; that is why I always reach a point that I loss concentration, focus and I start making those really stupid mistakes. That is why I created this indicator that helped me to automatically identify these potential entries (based on the formation of candlesticks) instead of doing all the work myself. I know there are plenty of Metatraders who also suffer from this and that is why I would like to share this indicator with you, hopefully it will be beneficial. Do not forget to send you comments as well as rate these scripts. Happy trading!

Identify potential entries

Author: Mario Gharib

thanks for sharing ; will try and write about my ideas about.. I wish more succesfull trades more than losses.

Hey just wanna be clear with the installation of this indicator, all files under the include folder go accordingly and the IND_PotentialEntries goes into the indicator folder?

Marcus Cunha:
Hey just wanna be clear with the installation of this indicator, all files under the include folder go accordingly and the IND_PotentialEntries goes into the indicator folder?

Hello @Marcus Cunha

Yes totally true !

Let me know what you think about this indicator

nail sertoglu:
thanks for sharing ; will try and write about my ideas about.. I wish more successful trades more than losses.

Hello @nail sertoglu

No problem, take you time. 

Just a tip, in trading we have 2 types of strategies 

1. a trading strategy that the number of wins are higher than the number of losses, but the wins are smaller than the losses (which you are referring to)
  2. a trading strategy that the number of losses are higher than the number of wins, but the wins are higher than the losses.

I don't see where to get the indicator any assistance please?

Princewill Benard:
I don't see where to get the indicator any assistance please?

Top left corner of the first post.

regarding this indicator, I got 12 errors and 11 warnings in OnNewBarCalculate.mqh

and when i put ";" at the last part of this code

int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double &open[],
                const double &high[],
                const double &low[],
                const double &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])

I only got 1 error and 2 warnings. how to solve this problem?

Hello @Ken Ken

First thanks for downloading my indicator,

Concerning your question, you only need to compile the following file IND_PotentialEntries.mq5 the result of mqh files just place them in the include file. Once you finish complying, you just need to run the indicator

(check the image below, I ran the indicator on two instruments the first one will indicate all possible bullish entries and the second will indicate all possible bearish entries)

Let me know if it worked for you 

Hello @Princewill Benard

Here is the direct link to download the indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code/download/30105.zip

Let me know if it worked for you 

Hello Mario, 

Nice concept of Indicator.

tried compiling but came up with the warning "no indicator plot defined for indicator" and on running, nothing appears.

Reason: