London Session opening time in MT5

Since MT5 is in GMT + 2 and London is GMT + 1, and London opens 8:00am local time, does that mean the time in MT5 will be 9:00am and GMT will be 7:00am? 

Westie30:
Since MT5 is in GMT + 2 and London is GMT + 1, and London opens 8:00am local time, does that mean the time in MT5 will be 9:00am and GMT will be 7:00am? 

Yes, it looks that way for your broker.

All MT4/5 times are broker/server times, not all terminal server times are the same, they are broker related.

Westie30: Since MT5 is in GMT + 2 and London is GMT + 1, and London opens 8:00am local time, does that mean the time in MT5 will be 9:00am and GMT will be 7:00am? 
  1. Chart times are broker times. When does your broker change DST?
              When is the time zone problem going to be fixed? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2020.05.07
  2. London is GMT+1. British Summer Time (BST) on the last Sunday of March and ends on the last Sunday of October.
  3. Currently, correct: 8AM local, 9AM broker, 7AM GMT/UT.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, it looks that way for your broker.

All MT4/5 times are broker/server times, not all terminal server times are the same, they are broker related.

Not really. All brokers servers I know are based on daylight savings using the US Eastcoast rules. If one wants to have reliable results e.g. with an indicator, there is no way around a complete timetable which translates the differences between local time including local daylight savings and brokers server time including daylight savings rules based on US-East.

Sounds complicated, and yes, it is.

Doerk Hilger:

Not really. All brokers servers I know are based on daylight savings using the US Eastcoast rules. If one wants to have reliable results e.g. with an indicator, there is no way around a complete timetable which translates the differences between local time including local daylight savings and brokers server time including daylight savings rules based on US-East.

Sounds complicated, and yes, it is.

You don't know many brokers then.

Doerk Hilger: All brokers servers I know are based on daylight savings using the US Eastcoast rules.
          When is the time zone problem going to be fixed? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2020.05.07

Eleni Anna Branou:

You don't know many brokers then.

Are you sure about that ? (I am not). Dirk is talking about DST, not GMT. I already noted GMT+3 broker which effectively align on US EST DST. So Dirk could perfectly be right, I am just not able to say how many brokers are doing it, as it's almost impossible to say it from the platform itself.

Alain Verleyen:
Are you sure about that ? (I am not). Dirk is talking about DST, not GMT. I already noted GMT+3 broker which effectively align on US EST DST. So Dirk could perfectly be right, I am just not able to say how many brokers are doing it, as it's almost impossible to say it from the platform itself.

I think that we are both right, since I didn't say anything wrong, I wrote:

"All MT4/5 times are broker/server times, not all terminal server times are the same, they are broker related."

and Dirk wrote that:

"All brokers servers I know are based on daylight savings using the US Eastcoast rules."

which is also true, I was talking about different broker server times and he was talking about brokers following DST rule.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I think that we are both right, since I didn't say anything wrong, I wrote:

"All MT4/5 times are broker/server times, not all terminal server times are the same, they are broker related."

and Dirk wrote that:

"All brokers servers I know are based on daylight savings using the US Eastcoast rules."

which is also true, I was talking about different broker server times and he was talking about brokers following DST rule.

Yes you said something wrong and inappropriate, while it's you who either misread or misunderstood what Dirk said.

Alain Verleyen:

Yes you said something wrong and inappropriate.

OK, shoot me then Alain.

Why the "Not really" comment of Dirk didn't bother you, since I didn't write anything wrong?

Dirk answered for something different from what I wrote.

Here is a list of forex brokers with all sorts of different server times: https://www.allfxbrokers.com/brokers/platforms/mt4

This is what I said, that not all brokers have the same server time and Dirk answered about DST rules, something entirely different from my comment!

Eleni Anna Branou:

OK, shoot me then Alain.

You are moderator and your answer was inappropriate, I thought it was useful to point it out to you, nothing more.

Why the "Not really" comment of Dirk didn't bother you, since I didn't write anything wrong?

Dirk answered for something different from what I wrote.

That's right, I didn't notice it.
Reason: