When is the time zone problem going to be fixed?

When will I finally be able to choose my own time zone?  No broker will let you choose.  It's just what the server says and that's it.  I don't understand why it's such a problem to have a local function that simply adds/subtracts the time?

1. It's not a simple function. Depends on your TZ and DST, your brokers TZ and if they use DST.
  2. Your TZ is irrevalent. Forex is a global market, use the proper TZ (NY+7.)
  3. Chart times are broker times.

antiseptic:
When will I finally be able to choose my own time zone?  No broker will let you choose.  It's just what the server says and that's it.  I don't understand why it's such a problem to have a local function that simply adds/subtracts the time?

You can create an indicator for your time gone bars, but the other indicators  run in default one

antiseptic:
It's very complicate to realize in a generic way. And it will never happen with MT4 or MT5 unless you code your own charts, which could be simpler if you want a fixed shift.

Alain Verleyen #:
It's very complicate to realize in a generic way. And it will never happen with MT4 or MT5 unless you code your own charts, which could be simpler if you want a fixed shift.
True and this is a good starting point read the article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1208
Liquid Chart
Liquid Chart
  • www.mql5.com
Would you like to see an hourly chart with bars opening from the second and the fifth minute of the hour? What does a redrawn chart look like when the opening time of bars is changing every minute? What advantages does trading on such charts have? You will find answers to these questions in this article.
Reason: