How time of day is calculated in backtesting with Metaqoutes data?

Hi All,

obviuosly brokers do not offer to download years of data, so i used "History Center" of MT4 to download my data form Metaqoutes. But because my EA is time based and most brokers are using DLST, i am curious how time/price is shifted if you download and use the data lets say in summer or winter.

So my question is,will i get all the correct data from DLST and non DLST , or just ALL data shifted based on the current ServerTime?

This data i use in Strategy Tester btw.

Thanks a ton

toti

toti1981: obviuosly brokers do not offer to download years of data,
  1. Don't double post.
  2. If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

Thanks for your response, but it doesnt answer my questions.

My EA is dependent on the time of day. So i have to adjust time on the EA , every time my broker shifts server time.

When i backtest with Metaqoutes data (download all the data from Metaquotes server). Is this data adjusted? Is it 0 GMT ? Or MT4 adjusts the data based on the broker connected, if it uses time shifting?

Hope now its clearer

Thanks

toti

toti1981:

Thanks for your response, but it doesnt answer my questions.

My EA is dependent on the time of day. So i have to adjust time on the EA , every time my broker shifts server time.

When i backtest with Metaqoutes data (download all the data from Metaquotes server). Is this data adjusted? Is it 0 GMT ? Or MT4 adjusts the data based on the broker connected, if it uses time shifting?

Hope now its clearer

Thanks

toti

Data time is broker server time, so including DST if any. But what about history, I am afraid it's not possible to be sure about that. Was the server always at same time? If changed, was history data adjusted accordingly ? etc...
Reason: