OLE Initialization failed. make sure that the OLE libraries are the correct version. - page 5

Viral Raval:

Hi Sergey,

I have just downloaded new version and installed it is "2020.06.17 21:52:15.212 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 2492 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp." Still shows same error:

Did you delete/uninstall previous installation of MT5?
And you downloaded it from this link Download MetaTrader 5 (on the bottom of the page)?

Sergey Golubev:

Did you delete/uninstall previous installation of MT5?
And you downloaded it from this link Download MetaTrader 5 (on the bottom of the page)?

Yes and still shows same error

Viral Raval:

Yes and still shows same error

It says in Journal

metaeditor not found.

can not connect to editor

Viral Raval:

It says in Journal

metaeditor not found.

can not connect to editor

I uninstalled my Metatrader 5 (I am having Windows 10 64 bit).
And I used this link https://www.metatrader5.com/en/download to download installer and to install MT5 once again.

And not a problem at all:

I need to connect (to login) to Community tab of MT5 once again (because it is new MT5; and I uninstalled the previous MT5) - but it is noit a problem at all.
Everything works for me sorry.

Download the MetaTrader 5 trading platform for free
  • www.metatrader5.com
Download MetaTrader 5 and start trading Forex, Stocks and Futures! Rich trading functionality, technical and fundamental market analysis, copy trading and automated trading are all exciting features that you can access for free right now! MetaTrader 5 offers a wide variety of functions for the modern forex and exchange market trader: Full set...

so you uninstalled from programs or using uninstall app in c/programfiles/metatrader5/ folder?

did u restart after unstall and then install new version?

did u try to open metaeditor after installation? and does it work? or it gives ole error?

Viral Raval:

so you uninstalled from programs or using uninstall app in c/programfiles/metatrader5/ folder?

did u restart after unstall and then install new version?

did u try to open metaeditor after installation? and does it work? or it gives ole error?

I completely uninstalled Metatrader 5.
After that - I used the link above to download installer. I clicked on installer, and new MT5 was installed.

I did not restart computer after uninstalation.

Yes, I opened MetaEditor, and it works fine, and I checked storage and it also works, and my Market products (I bought some of them) are still in Metatrader 5.
No errors.

METATRADER 5 works fine However Metaeditor still having the same issue. kindly please help needed.

WHY METAEDITOR 4 still not working?

rambhopal:

METATRADER 5 works fine However Metaeditor still having the same issue. kindly please help needed.

WHY METAEDITOR 4 still not working?

There is one way only:
completely uninstall Metatrader 5 (it will be uninstalled together with MetaEditor), and install new MT5 from this link:
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/download
  • www.metatrader5.com
Download MetaTrader 5 and start trading Forex, Stocks and Futures! Rich trading functionality, technical and fundamental market analysis, copy trading and automated trading are all exciting features that you can access for free right now! MetaTrader 5 offers a wide variety of functions for the modern forex and exchange market trader: Full set...

Sergey Golubev:
There is one way only:
completely uninstall Metatrader 5 (it will be uninstalled together with MetaEditor), and install new MT5 from this link:
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/download

Hi Sergey, 

rambhopal is correct, i have similar problem and following your steps 15times. also installed new Visual C++ 2019 redistribution to make sure new OLE library from c++ is available. also i delete previous terminal folder in C:\user\appdata\roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\"Related MQL folder."

Still same error when opening MetaEditor from MT5 terminal or directly from folder or desktop shortcut. 

Is there a solution or reason why this is happening? Do you think MT4 causing issue as i have that 32bit version of MT4. However, it was working fine before updates. I dont want to take risk of removing MT4, then i will not have any option to run EA on my account.

Many thanks in advance. Please help!!!!!

Viral Raval:

Still same error when opening MetaEditor from MT5 terminal or directly from folder or desktop shortcut. 

I can not confirm it sorry.
I completely uninstalled MT5 from my Windows 10 (64 bit) computer, and install from this link https://www.metatrader5.com/en/download
And no any error/issue ... (byt the way, I never had this issue before ..).

I hope the developers read our posts ... but they should reproduce this issue for possible fixing anyway (if they can not reproduce so they will not fix).

• www.metatrader5.com
Reason: