installation of mt4 and not mt5

Hi

I had downloaded MTsetup64.exe but my choise is for 4 version.

why even if I choose version 4 does it install version 5?

I'm interested in using language version 4: is it possible with mt5?

Thanks

Best regards

Massimo

studioBuzzi:

Hi

I had downloaded MTsetup64.exe but my choise is for 4 version.

why even if I choose version 4 does it install version 5?

I'm interested in using language version 4: is it possible with mt5?

Thanks

Best regards

Massimo

Download MT4 terminal from your broker

If you had used this you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29
Or the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - MT4 - General - MQL5 programming forum #2

William Roeder:

If you had used this you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29
Or the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - MT4 - General - MQL5 programming forum #2

Hi

You're right to tell me you're tired. I too am tired of useless comments since I had found an official page where MT4 downlooad was written and then I install a different version of the program. Maybe instead of putting cartoons it would be enough to put the correct information and the correct link to the version one wants.

But those are open source and not close programs!

I wanted a broker independent version to study MQL4 and then connect it to the broker I preferred.

I note that it is not possible to do this. Thanks anyway

Reason: