Getting symbols of all disponible assets to a account

Hi there,

I search through reference, duckduckgo and google many times without sucess. There is a way to get all asset symbols disponible to a account in mql5?

Thank you in advance!

(symbol = first parameter of CopyRates function)

AnarcoPhysic:

Hi there,

I search through reference, duckduckgo and google many times without sucess. There is a way to get all asset symbols disponible to a account in mql5?

Thank you in advance!

There is no way to do that in an instant or automatically.

You need to go through the add symbols procedure in MT4/5 >> View >> Symbols.

There you will be able to add whatever your broker offers.

MQL5 is not MT5 ot MT4, don't confuse this website with a broker, because it isn't.

Sorry, after really understand what you said, I think you haven't understood me. I want a function able to show me all those Symbols via mql5 interface. I want to write a script, no acess "by hand" all symbols.

"There is no way to do that in an instant or automatically". That still proceeds?

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is no way to do that in an instant or automatically.

You need to go through the add symbols procedure in MT4/5 >> View >> Symbols.

There you will be able to add whatever your broker offers.

MQL5 is not MT5 ot MT4, don't confuse this website with a broker, because it isn't.

Humm...why not ? Maybe I misunderstand the question. But mql5 allow you to get all available symbols on 1 account.

AnarcoPhysic:
Sorry, after really understand what you said, I think you haven't understood me. I want a function able to show me all those Symbos via mql5 interface. I want to write a script, no acess "by hand" all symbols.

"There is no way to do that in an instant or automatically". That still proceeds?
See the SymbolsTotal() and SymbolSelect() functions.
Documentation on MQL5: Market Info
Documentation on MQL5: Market Info
  • www.mql5.com
Market Info - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Alain Verleyen:
See the SymbolsTotal() and SymbolSelect() functions.

You gave me hope, Alain!
Probably I will use both functions... but to do that, I need the symbols of the assets, what I am asking for...

AnarcoPhysic:

You gave me hope, Alain!
Probably I will use both functions... but to do that, I need the symbols of the assets, what I am asking for...

I am afraid I don't understand your problem in this case. Can you explain what you want to achieve exactly and concretely ?

Alain Verleyen:
I am afraid I don't understand your problem in this case. Can you explain what you want to achieve exactly and concretely ?

I want to work over all assets (given by the broker, of course) via script at fist moment. Filtering them by a criteria (e.g., price oscillation), the script will generate a output with the name of them and its oscillation value from a choosen past point in time.

Was my comment usefull this time?

AnarcoPhysic:

I want to work over all assets (given by the broker, of course) via script at fist moment. Filtering them by a criteria (e.g., price oscillation), the script will generate a output with the name of them and its oscillation value from a choosen past point in time.

Yes and no. It's exactly what I already understood. Look at the functions and the documentation I mentioned.

AnarcoPhysic:

In addition, whitout symbol_name, the most part of the functions of Market Info will be useless.

Alain Verleyen:
Yes and no. It's exactly what I already understood. Look at the functions and the documentation I mentioned.

I will try it again. Anyway, thank you very much!!! You was so friendly and your comments useful!

Reason: