Decompile Jobs in Freelance

several months ago I got to know how a decompiled code looks like after I got banned. So I have just been curious on to Jobs that I see in the freelance section with statements 
Convert ex4 to mq4

and also on the question that do the freelance moderators view files sent via zip files as I have Just seen one that has 

gd_156[]

How long will it take for them to see it, and is lets suppose that a decompile Job has  been posted and it is executed in a super short time. will the freelance moderators ban the involved parties, in such a situation what happens to the funds. 

Hence I think it is imperative that metaquotes install software/file scanner that detects if there is a decompiled file that  has been uploaded to the system. 
As I remember I was a victim of lack of knowledge. 

When someone asks for decompilation or for work with decompiled files, the developers click the complaint button. This alerts admin and they will delete the job and probably ban the person. If a job has been completed in the meantime they will probably ban the developer as well. No idea what would happen to the funds.

I agree and i have also proposed to implement such scanner that scans the uploads for decompiled code long time ago.

However nothing came from this and i decided to just stop taking on freelance orders altogether. 

The problem in my case was that i would get up and then i would quickly respond to four or five jobs by looking over the job descriptions.

So i never actually looked at the attached code because why bother if you are not sure that you are going to be selected int he first place.

I was going to do it when selected and then I would probably end up writing new code from scratch anyway.

In this case it's possible to get caught up in a job where a customer has posted decompiled code and the developer risks getting banned from freelance service.

It doesn't even have to have Convert ex4 to mq4 in the job description because the attached code many times contains decompiled code, which you can only discover by downloading and analyzing the code.

So this is a fight that you simply can not win, and i agree that the responsibility is skewed towards the wrong side of the table.

On another note, i feel that there should not even be decompiled code out there to start with, because whenever this surfaces it means that the implemented security has failed at protecting (y)our code.

And that is something they simply can not blame on someone else for, other then themselves.
MQL5.community - User Memo
MQL5.community - User Memo
  • www.mql5.com
You can now not only read articles and download MQL5 programs, but you can also join discussions on the forum, leave comments on articles and source codes, rate MQL5 programs and share your own developments in the Code Base, and even publish articles for a decent fee (see Become an Author at MQL5.com!). MQL5.com services are constantly...

Marco vd Heijden:

I agree and i have also proposed to implement such scanner that scans the uploads for decompiled code long time ago.

It may be that I remember wrongly, but I am sure that such a scanner was part of the compiler once.

I seem to remember that if you tried to compile decompiled code, it would not compile.

Keith Watford:

It may be that I remember wrongly, but I am sure that such a scanner was part of the compiler once.

I seem to remember that if you tried to compile decompiled code, it would not compile.

Very interesting Keith i never knew or seen this feature and i wonder why it was removed.

In the case of freelance it is not hard to intercept jobs with attached decompiled code because a script that quickly scans over the variable names will reveal it in most if not all cases, and then such jobs should be put in quarantine for further inspection before ever reaching the freelance service job pool.

Marco vd Heijden:

Very interesting Keith i never knew or seen this feature and i wonder why it was removed.

Link

Yes, very strange. Seems that it was introduced in build 509 and then removed in 600!

Anti decompiler must be the new features for metaeditor
Anti decompiler must be the new features for metaeditor
  • www.mql5.com
An EA is master pieces of the author and copyrighted, must be great if MQ4 Vendor can make automatically generated some code to make all compiled E...

Freelance, decompilation, the rules, examples of the decompiled code:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/203200
Can not use Freelance Service last 2 days.
Can not use Freelance Service last 2 days.
  • www.mql5.com
I have been registered as a seller last 2 years, but last 2 days it looks like i can not use Freelance service...

Look at this hidden decompile job here
Freelance service at MQL5.com: COMBINE MULTIPLE CONFIRMATION INDICATORS INTO ONE
Freelance service at MQL5.com: COMBINE MULTIPLE CONFIRMATION INDICATORS INTO ONE
  • www.mql5.com
I USE MULTIPLE INDICATORS AND CONFIRMATIONS, BUT I WANT TO COMBINE THEM SO I GET ALERTS AND ARROWS ARE DRAWN ONLY WHEN ALL CONDITIONS ON EACH INDICATOR ARE MET. I WANT TO WORK WITH A PROGRAMMER...

Jefferson Metha:
Look at this hidden decompile job here
Thanks for the link. I will report to the admins (at least one indicator in attachment was fully decompiled, and the others are "improved/hidden" decompiled.

https://www.mql5.com/en/job/112394

Danother one

Freelance service at MQL5.com: Need to unlock an MT4 EA (.ex4 file)
Freelance service at MQL5.com: Need to unlock an MT4 EA (.ex4 file)
  • www.mql5.com
Thank you for your offer.  Hello, I need unlock trial version of ea . I can´t find seller. I found ea on internet. Remove restriction. I can´t use it on demo and live account.

Jefferson Metha:

https://www.mql5.com/en/job/112394

Danother one

Already reported by other moderator.

Reason: