Forbidden/Permitted things to do on the Freelance section ?!

Hi Everyone,

I have already read the rules but there are somethings that I'm not sure is allowed on the Freelance section. So I'd appreciate it if you could respond to the questions below if you have any knowledge, specially if you're a moderator.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I share a screenshot of my feedbacks (with client name hidden) in comments section of the Freelance before concluding a work agreement ?

2. Does exchanging contacts like phone number, email is allowed after customer selected me as the job's developer ?

3. After submitting my application on a job if the client updates the descriptions with some violating contents like decompiled source code will I get banned too ? Should I check the descriptions constantly or when I get similar contents in comments section of the job should I delete my application and file a complaint ?

4. Can I use my name on the copyright section of the source code if I haven't discussed the rights with the client ?

That's all for now. Thanks for your time and looking forward to your comments.

My opinion.......

1. Can I share a screenshot of my feedbacks (with client name hidden) in comments section of the Freelance before concluding a work agreement ?

Yes, as long as any of your details cannot be seen.

2. Does exchanging contacts like phone number, email is allowed after customer selected me as the job's developer ?

No, it's a bit of a grey area. I think that personal contact details are allowed after the job is completed.

3. After submitting my application on a job if the client updates the descriptions with some violating contents like decompiled source code will I get banned too ? Should I check the descriptions constantly or when I get similar contents in comments section of the job should I delete my application and file a complaint ?

Admin seem a bit free and easy with the bans so I wouldn't risk it. As you say, delete your application and file a complaint is your best option.

4. Can I use my name on the copyright section of the source code if I haven't discussed the rights with the client ?

I don't see why not, the client should make it quite clear if you are not  to retain copyright. As far as I am concerned the client should only have rights for the idea. You obviously will use the same functions in multiple EAs so you can't give up your rights to your functions.

Keith,

No, it's a bit of a grey area. I think that personal contact details are allowed after the job is completed.

For me as well but on the Freelance rules it's stated that "Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance." which I personally think it means that when client selected the developer and both confirmed the requirements it means they have reached to an agreement and can exchange contact info as both have access to each other's profile, otherwise they would have remained unknown.

Admin seem a bit free and easy with the bans so I wouldn't risk it. As you say, delete your application and file a complaint is your best option.

I agree, that's what I've done so far. Do you know who's the admin of the Freelance section? Do the forum moderators have special access to the Freelance section ?

I don't see why not, the client should make it quite clear if you are not  to retain copyright. As far as I am concerned the client should only have rights for the idea. You obviously will use the same functions in multiple EAs so you can't give up your right

Even if the client retains the copyrights still we can use the same code again, cause obviously some functions are so common like a lot size calculator function. Don't you agree? 

Anyways, hope a Freelance admin responds to these questions too. Thanks for your comment. 

Hossein Nouri:

Keith,

For me as well but on the Freelance rules it's stated that "Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance." which I personally think it means that when client selected the developer and both confirmed the requirements it means they have reached to an agreement and can exchange contact info as both have access to each other's profile, otherwise they would have remained unknown.

I am not sure if concluding a work agreement, means coming to an agreement or actually completing the job - as i say, a grey area.

Hossein Nouri:

I agree, that's what I've done so far. Do you know who's the admin of the Freelance section? Do the forum moderators have special access to the Freelance section ?

No, (most) forum moderators do not have any special access. I don't know if there are any admin staff dedicated to the Freelance section.

Hossein Nouri:

Anyways, hope a Freelance admin responds to these questions too. Thanks for your comment. 

We can only hope.

Hossein Nouri:

Even if the client retains the copyrights still we can use the same code again, cause obviously some functions are so common like a lot size calculator function. Don't you agree? 

Agree totally
Reason: