email notif. MT5

Hi, 

I get this weird error in MT5 that while trying to setup email via Options-etc.., the settings are never saved upon clicking OK, additionaly there seems to be an issue with input row "From:", that keeps staying red.

This happens in both the latest build available from MetaQuotes and also, on my broker's MT5 (while on my broker's MT4 the email works as it should).

I've tried running the app as administrator also using Windows10.

Any suggestions and help will be most appreciated. :)

Bump-up & update

I've so far managed to "force tick" the box Enable email that's accesible in via Options - Email. 

The way I went about that was to manually edit the common.ini (not sure about extension) file, that is accessible in Data folder. So I edited with Notepad and inserted following:

// [Email]

Enable=1  // (without fwd slashes)

From this point onwards I am lost however, as I was able to input my credentials in MT5 but they were not saved in common.ini file, which is what I expected.

Also, with inserted credentials via MT5, I still cannot send the test email. 

Suggestions, anyone? :)

UPDATE 2 (issue solved)

So it turns out that the error lies in the way the FROM field is filled --> Metatrader5 will NOT notify you if the field is incorrectly filled, but will just "bug you". This is actually (too vaguely imo) specified in the help topic by stating that:

[quote]

• From — the email address, from which the message will be sent. Enter the name and address of the email account on the same mail server, the SMTP-protocol of which will be used. The name may also be missing. Example of this field: "your_name, your_name@mail.ru";  [endquote]

Turns out you HAVE to enter the full email address you intend to use for alerts, otherwise it will not work and, in the process fail to give you any error message whatsoever. The reason I am pointing this out is, that this bug was non-existent in MT4 from which I migrated and, in which the FROM field can be any string of letters and not neccessarily the exact full email address that you specify in the SMTP login column. 

This is it, no messing around with the common.ini file is needed. 

Reason: