Push notification does not work on VPS

Hallo;

My EA used on VPS do not send notification. After I use for example command SendNotification("Spr"); I obtain: 

2019.09.18 09:52:27.197 Notifications: failed send request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed.

2019.09.18 09:52:27.197 Notifications: 'Spr' not sent to '.........'.

On local terminal this EA work correctly. Notifications are sent. 

What do with this problem?

MarekOli:

Hallo;

My EA used on VPS do not send notification. After I use for example command SendNotification("Spr"); I obtain: 

2019.09.18 09:52:27.197 Notifications: failed send request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed.

2019.09.18 09:52:27.197 Notifications: 'Spr' not sent to '.........'.

On local terminal this EA work correctly. Notifications are sent. 

What do with this problem?

If push notification is using dll in any way so it will not work. Because dll is prohibited in MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.

I do not use dll. For checking this problem I synchronized EA which contain only one command:  SendNotification("Spr");

And I obtain from server VPS: Notifications: failed send request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed. Dll is not used. EA work because I still obtain this request from VPS. 

MarekOli:

I do not use dll. For checking this problem I synchronized EA which contain only one command:  SendNotification("Spr");

And I obtain from server VPS: Notifications: failed send request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed. Dll is not used. EA work because I still obtain this request from VPS. 

I am not a coder and I can not review this situation.
I know that if anything is using/calling/trying to use dll so it will not work.
May be - push notification is going without any windows dll ... but I can not estimate it sorry.
I just informed.

I must be problem with VPS. I used this same EA several months ago and it worked correctly.  

MarekOli:
I must be problem with VPS. I used this same EA several months ago and it worked correctly.  

There are a lot of threads related to pushnotification with VPS on search (you can check it here) so I think it is dll issue.
How push notification is sent from Metatrader? Without any Windows dll?
I think - dll may be used ...

Anyway, I am not a coder sorry (I can not help much in this case).
If some other user (who is the coder) will review the situation - it may be good.

Similar problems here on MacOS and no idea to fix it. Does anyone have the same problems?

Looking here...https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/320008

Notifications not working
Notifications not working
  • www.mql5.com
I had the problem with mt4 on Mac= "MQL5...

I found one thread with similar issue in rus forum, and one professional coder replied.
This is the thread: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/321836

---------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Push messages come partially (for admins)

Andrey Khatimlianskii , 2019.09.09.16 11:18

There are restrictions on the frequency of sending. Take a look at the terminal log and SendNotification help

From https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/network/sendnotification -

Strict use restrictions are set for the SendNotification() function: no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute. Monitoring the frequency of use is dynamic. The function can be disabled in case of the restriction violation.

---------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Push messages come partially (for admins)

Andrey Khatimlianskii , 2019.09.09.17:06:06

5 messages only?

Is there a record in the log?

Try plugging your smartphone into a power outlet and keeping the Metatrader open. If everything will reach, then the problem is in the economical android (they wrote about it here).

Push сообщения приходят частично (для админов)
Push сообщения приходят частично (для админов)
  • www.mql5.com
Здравствуйте, проблема с push-сообщениями (MQID - 4A253808 и 0BF211E6). Не все сообщения почему-то приходят...

It has not any conection with frequency of notificatios. The VPS does not send even ONE notification. Please send it to any technical support. In july (and ealier) everything worked ok. 

MarekOli:
It has not any conection with frequency of notificatios. The VPS does not send even ONE notification. Please send it to any technical support. In july (and ealier) everything worked ok. 

Such the words as "it worked in July and does not work now" is not enough for the technical support.
You can contact with the service desk by yourself ... but I want to say the following:

• First of all - there is no any technical support; the service desk is mainly dealing with the financial issues;
  • but if you are thinking that it is the real bug so you are having the technical proofs for that, and those proofs (your code, all the logs, may be more) are enough for the service desk to reproducethis possible bug; if not so - sorry ...

Sergey Golubev:

Such the words as "it worked in July and does not work now" is not enough for the technical support.
You can contact with the service desk by yourself ... but I want to say the following:

• First of all - there is no any technical support; the service desk is mainly dealing with the financial issues;
  • but if you are thinking that it is the real bug so you are having the technical proofs for that, and those proofs (your code, all the logs, may be more) are enough for the service desk to reproducethis possible bug; if not so - sorry ...

How can we do this, the only, proofs is all around forums that Metatrader is not sending notifications... 

Is not a code problem of any EA because even when you go through metatrader menu-> -Tools-> Options -> Notifications -> enable Push notifiactions-> Test-  the same error appears..=  

"Notifications: failed send request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed.". 

thats the only technical proof we can gave out.... no need for codes ... etc

Ps im not using VPS ... 

Reason: