A comprehensive list of all formulas for EXCEL RTD

I hope I am posting in the right category. If not pls direct me.

Hello,

I am using Excel RTD from FX Blue Labs from  Pepperstone to connect my Excel 365 (Desktop) to MT4 to get real-time forex data and historical ones.

I need to know how to use the fill handle to fill all the cells without typing the formula in each row.

An example: After connecting MT4 to Excel, I type this formula =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", ,"Account Number", "@bh,GBPUSD,H4,close,0") to get the current close of GBPUSD H4.

If I change the last number (0) to (1), I will get the previous close.

If I type the formula as =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", ,"Account Number", "@bh,GBPUSD,H4,close,200") I will get the close of the 200th bar.

Now, the problem is that when I selected the first three or four cells (in a column) with the above formulas and try to use the fill handle, I get the new rows filled the same as the selected row cells. For example, the first column has rows 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If I drag the first column, it is filled in the right order with 4th, 5th, 6th, etc..

But the column with the formulas that are linked to MT4 is not being filled correctly. Excel just repeats the values of those three rows in the second column.

Any solution for this?

Also please, is there any reference material for all the formulas that can be applied by fxbluelabs RTD. The PDFs that are provided by Pepperstone and other brokers who provide this service are not descriptive enough. I feel there are much more the EXCEL RTD can do. I have been searching for many hours and posted my questions in number of Excel and MT4 forums but did not get an answer.

I forgot to add that I am trying to figure the formula to list a group of tradable instruments at once rather than manually retrieving them one by one. The current formula provided in the manual instructions only retrieve the number of instruments available in MT4 market watch but does not retrieve list of all the instruments.

So to get all of the FX currency pairs I currently have to type the formula for each pair. Is there a way to get the list at once with one simple formula? Also, can this same formula be applied to retrieve the close of  H1 time frame for all those currency pairs at once?

Thanks in Advance

mtharwat:
So to get all of the FX currency pairs I currently have to type the formula for each pair. Is there a way to get the list at once with one simple formula? Also, can this same formula be applied to retrieve the close of  H1 time frame for all those currency pairs at once?

Look up SymbolsTotal() and SymbolName()

Keith Watford:

Look up SymbolsTotal() and SymbolName()

Hello Keith

Can you please elaborate more.  What formula should I type in "Excel"

I am not knowledgable with MT4 or VBA. I am just trying to figure the right "Excel Formula" based on Excel RTD.

Thanks

mtharwat:

Hello Keith

Can you please elaborate more.  What formula should I type in "Excel"

I am not knowledgable with MT4 or VBA. I am just trying to figure the right "Excel Formula" based on Excel RTD.

Thanks

Sorry, I misread your post. I am not familiar with Excel RTD

Keith Watford:

Sorry, I misread your post. I am not familiar with Excel RTD

That's all right 

Thanks for trying

mtharwat:

Hello,

I am using Excel RTD from FX Blue Labs from  Pepperstone to connect my Excel 365 (Desktop) to MT4 to get real-time forex data and historical ones.

I need to know how to use the fill handle to fill all the cells without typing the formula in each row.

An example: After connecting MT4 to Excel, I type this formula =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", ,"Account Number", "@bh,GBPUSD,H4,close,0") to get the current close of GBPUSD H4.

If I type the formula as =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", ,"Account Number", "@bh,GBPUSD,H4,close,200") I will get the close of the 200th bar.

Now, the problem is that when I selected the first three or four cells (in a column) with the above formulas and try to use the fill handle, I get the new rows filled the same as the selected row cells. For example, the first column has rows 1st, 2nd, 3rd. If I drag the first column, it is filled in the right order with 4th, 5th, 6th, etc.. 

But the column with the formulas that are linked to MT4 is not being filled correctly. Excel just repeats the values of those three rows in the second column.

Any solution for this? 

// I had the same problem, I worked out that concatenate will work to be able to fill down columns eg. =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", ,"Account Number", "@bh,GBPUSD,H4,close,"&A1&"") //"&A1&" is the shift period, you could use the same thing for the symbols, account number, and timeframe.

Also please, is there any reference material for all the formulas that can be applied by fxbluelabs RTD. The PDFs that are provided by Pepperstone and other brokers who provide this service are not descriptive enough. I feel there are much more the EXCEL RTD can do. I have been searching for many hours and posted my questions in number of Excel and MT4 forums but did not get an answer.

I forgot to add that I am trying to figure the formula to list a group of tradable instruments at once rather than manually retrieving them one by one. The current formula provided in the manual instructions only retrieve the number of instruments available in MT4 market watch but does not retrieve list of all the instruments.

// to get all symbols I have a column with all the numbers down the side (this relates to the symbols within mt4, if you delete symbols from your watchlist, these will change); then I use the concatenate formula again  =RTD("fxbluelabs.excelrtd", , $D$1, "s"&B4)  //$D$1 is my account number, "s"&B4 is the symbol.

Thanks in Advance

Hey mate,

I ran into the same problem a while ago, I got frustrated with the lack of docs and then just started testing different formulas in excel, I'm also using pepperstone. See my // comments above.

I'd be happy to whip up a spreadsheet to show you the formulas that will do what you're after if the above doesn't make sense.

Cheers

mtharwat:

Hello,

Any solution for this?

Thanks in Advance

I have found this sample File.

https://www.vantagefx.com.au/download/VFX-Excel-RTD-examples.xls

r3365:

Hey mate,

I ran into the same problem a while ago, I got frustrated with the lack of docs and then just started testing different formulas in excel, I'm also using pepperstone. See my // comments above.

I'd be happy to whip up a spreadsheet to show you the formulas that will do what you're after if the above doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Hello,

First of all I am sorry for my late reply. I kind of lost hope for any response and never checked back untill today. Thanks you for your detailed explanation. Yes: It will be great if you can share any Excel Formulas and share ideas.

Now, I will chat a bit with you with my journey since then. I found some docs but they were lacking a lot. I played around and spent hours and hours and I got it. I used the Concatentae and found how to get previous bar closes for price and also for indis. I did some percentage change templates and was testing some strategies with indicators. I wish if I found your post so I could share them with you and others.

Everything was improving  until the templates froze my poor Surface tablet. In addition to this, there were some MT4 updates that caused more problems. There were about ten emails from my part to pepperstone technicinas and at the end we realized it was a MT4 issue. I was very upset after all this time I spent. I also think that the EXCEL RTD has some sort of a limit. Confirm with me if I am wrong. I had lots of sheets and lots of formulas getting continous data feed. I do not think EXCEL RTD is meant for such heavy use. I tried to use my MacBook Air and it was the most terrible experience when it comes to Excel on Mac!!! I was stuck with this for long time and could not move forward. My surface pro is of no use (TBH, it was a bad choice from the begining).

Any way, now I have a new laptop and I am trying to locate where the all the formulas/sheets/workbooks are!!! I could not but find one singe sheet. I am still looking for them. The problem is in refreshing my head with its very short memory  of all the formulas. I am trying right now to create a simple percentage change Heat Map by comparing current price to previous close. This should refresh my head. But please do share any docs you have. 

Thanks, 

William Manotas:

I have found this sample File.

https://www.vantagefx.com.au/download/VFX-Excel-RTD-examples.xls

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late one!

This link is useful and should give me a kickstart again to refresh my head. Please stay with use for a while for more interaction and sharing of ideas. Read my Reply to r3365.

Hi

I need help to get data for "AVERAGE DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT INDEX" (ADX) by RTD Formula.

Please help me to get formula command.

thanks

mtharwat:

Hello,

Any solution for this?

Thanks in Advance

Hello! Excel has changed the "RTD" function to "RDTR" for some versions. The rest of the parameters remain the same and works perfectly.
Reason: