HEDGING : GOOD OR BAD? Share your Thought

• 32% (25)
  • 41% (32)
  • 27% (21)
Total voters: 78

Successful hedging gives the trader protection against commodity price changes, inflation, currency exchange rate changes, interest rate changes, etc. And also i feel hedging involves cost that can eat up the profit.

Roszey:

Successful hedging gives the trader protection against commodity price changes, inflation, currency exchange rate changes, interest rate changes, etc. And also i feel hedging involves cost that can eat up the profit.

It depends on your strategy. Hedging cause someones says to or if your under some type of perception given to you by other sources hedging in itself is a waste unless you understand the outcome. Doing it to do it is a bad idea. Otherwise just open 2 accounts and buy only on one and sell only on the other.

its a double edge sword

Very bad. I tried many ea's. They had no Problem to loose a 300000€ account

Only them who are experienced who will succed doing hedging. I know one friend who trade hedging and still make money from two years ago. It depend on strategy which you use and whether you can be discipline with your money management or not.

Depends on your exit criteria and the trend strength.

i have developed an ea with hedge,it risk low and is very profitable in back testing(from 100 to 10000000 within 1.5 year),but loss in real,the broker is of the critical importance

i think the meaning of hedge are:

1.the paired orders do not use the margin,so could open lots pairs of orders 

2.lower the risk,especially for someone like me who usually do not set sl

Well I think Hedging could also combined with martingale and also suite to just lock our trades..

And for me I think Hedging with martingale would also be fine as long as we know where we should do Hedge on some conditions happen for our trades.. :) 

I voted bad and i never hedge i just take some loss now and then that's ok you can't win em all, some claim you can do, but i'm doing fine :)

When my robot opens a trade and it looses some, then the next trade will be a bit smaller.

When my robot opens a trade and it win's, it wins more then the losses, and the next trade will be a bit larger.

Then there is only one outcome and there is no need to hedge.

Don't like hedging, not good for me!
Reason: