Major problem for last 10 years - trendlines does not stay on the same place when new week "arrives" - page 2

At the moment it seems trendlines is NOT moving if i draw them correctly as per Mr Alain instructions. 

Thanks for the help, will post if something goes wrong!

A LOT OF THANKS!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Trend Line Trader

Sergey Golubev, 2019.05.30 12:30

Net Trend Lines - indicator for MetaTrader 4 

Net Trend Lines - indicator for MetaTrader 4

There are two input parameters:

1. nPeriod = 20 - the period of the first line of resistance / support and their step. Those. the first period will be equal to 20, the second - 40, the third - 60, the fourth - 80, etc.

2. n_lines = 20 - the number of resistance / support lines

indeed it does shift (with research)

however, the trendlines that shift are the ones which ending anchor points are placed in the future, get what i meant? so as long as your ending anchor point are placed at the current candle or in the past its not gonna move next week,

u can try it out: there is a half second delay which u can realize, if you pull out.. hmm pull out..  your drawn trendlines from last week into the new week, the half a second delay will be down and pay attention closely the trendlines will shift

and also i think it might be affected by the broker, cause each broker shows different chart ? very slightly minimal different price action from each brokers, and i use FBS

indeed its pretty annoying when it shifts, perhaps using "ray trendline" and put the second anchor point not in the upcoming candles, tho i havent try it out, best of luck in your trading xD

Reason: