When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 24

Renat Fatkhullin:
There are always resource problems, but now it's all a little cheaper. In reality, if you do it right, it's more expensive. Buying bulky server SSD drives, providing fault tolerance, implementing latency reduction all over the world is not going anywhere.

I have already written about the "me and 10 characters" reasoning. It's a naive approach. Read about the exponential growth in data, the number of consumers, geography and the requirement for consistent delivery in any mode.

Give 500 mb of traffic to a trader in Indonesia and enjoy curses in your address.

I agree, everything costs money, but not millions. It's a question of price as always, you can do anything).

About 10 characters I said from the user (of which the majority, and they do not care about all these subtleties, they do not understand them), users are interested in what they are interested in, and how it works, what complications they do not care.

"The number of consumers, geography and the requirement for stable delivery in any mode." - This raises the question - why I can download tick data from Dukas, but not from other brokers, in the same mode?)

marker:

... This raises the question - why can I download tick data from Dukas, butnot from other brokers, in the same mode?)

Where are the logs? Where is the proof? Have you even tried to connect to the trading servers and doCopyTicks?

Karputov Vladimir:
Where are the logs? Where is the proof? Have you even tried to connect to trade servers and executeCopyTicks?

I'm a simple user) Question-I can right now download the tick history of, say, the Eurodollar with a depth of 3 years, all known broker alp-and through CopyTicks?

marker:

I'm a simple user) My question is, can I right now download the tick history of, say, the Eurodollar with a depth of 3 years, all known broker alp-and through CopyTicks?

I hope you can run the script:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                    CopyTicks.mq5 |
//|                        Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |
//|                                             https://www.mql5.com |
#property copyright "Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.01"
//--- покажем окно входных параметров при запуске скрипта
#property script_show_inputs
input int  ticks=200000000;  // количество запрашиваемых тиков
//---
MqlTick ExTicks[];
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
//--- запросим тики
   int copied=CopyTicks(_Symbol,ExTicks,COPY_TICKS_ALL,0,ticks);
//--- если тики получены, то выведем на график значения Bid и Ask  
   Print("Получено тиков: ",copied," код ошибки: ",GetLastError());
   if(copied>1)
     {
      Print("Тик: ",ExTicks[0].time," bid: ",ExTicks[0].bid," ask: ",ExTicks[0].ask," last: ",ExTicks[0].last," [0]");
      Print("Тик: ",ExTicks[copied-1].time," bid: ",ExTicks[copied-1].bid," ask: ",ExTicks[copied-1].ask," last: ",ExTicks[copied-1].last," [",copied-1,"]");
     }
   Print("Size ",((long)copied*sizeof(MqlTick))>>20, " Mb");
  }
Files:
CopyTicks.mq5  2 kb

Renat Fatkhullin:

• Guys, stay away from ticks, build robust systems

• Switching to absolutely accurate real ticks will not give a clear advantage

The fact is that brokers almost never provide a good bar history for the test. Even if the Expert Advisor works on the opening of new bars and does not care about ticks, the brokers can give a very bad history of bars, with their omissions, and possibly changes. I often had a test with the same parameters repeated just a week later with a completely different result.

With the new version of mt5 the bar history will always seem to be full. I will be testing on real ticks even on H1 bars, it should be much better.

Dr.Trader:

The fact is that brokers almost never provide a good bar history for the test. Even if the Expert Advisor works on the opening of new bars and does not care about ticks, the brokers can give a very bad history of bars, with their omissions, and possibly changes. I often had the test repeated with the same parameters in a week with completely different results.

For such claims you need ironclad technical evidence.

Usually it is inattention of the trader. And the problem of using the last spread, if we are talking about MT4. There are no such problems in MT5.

Dr.Trader:

The fact is that brokers almost never provide a good bar history for the test. Even if the Expert Advisor works on the opening of new bars and does not care about ticks, the brokers can give a very bad history of bars, with their omissions, and possibly changes. I often had a test with the same parameters repeated just a week later with a completely different result.

With the new version of mt5 the bar history will always seem to be full. I will be testing on real ticks even on H1 bars, it should be much better.

When will you understand that the tester does not test a trading strategy, it tests the code for compliance with the trading system... And the result is out of the question.

In Russian: "The tester is designed to find bugs in the code of the Expert Advisor, to check compliance of the Expert Advisor with the trading strategy.

I have a feeling that many took the new Real ticks as REAL profit from the tester...

The new ticks are not only for real, or virtual, or magic ticks, you can see whether the strategy is profitable or unprofitable only in demo or real, but not in the tester, no matter how great it was ...

Vladimir Pastushak:

The market is a real, or virtual, or magic ticks, the profitable or unprofitable strategy can only be found out in a demo or REAL, but not in a tester, no matter how great it is...

Yes, that's why selling EAs in the Market, should be accompanied by running copies of EAs at meta-quotes and, through signals server, without the possibility of subscription (or maybe even with it, by author's consent), prove their workability )))

Igor Volodin:
Yes, that's why selling EAs in the marketplace, should be accompanied by running copies of EAs on meta-quotes and, via signals server, without the possibility of subscription (or maybe with it by author's consent), prove their workability )))

Just a thought, many EAs nowadays are sold with links to signals.

The only problem is that the buyer is never sure if this EA is running in the signals or some other one.

A possible mechanism for implementing the check: the author of an EA runs his EA on a VPS of metaquotes, on this VPS metaquotes can check the hash amount of the EA and compare it with the hash amount of the EA in the marker.

As far as I know it is very difficult or almost impossible to match the hash amount... That's one way of looking at it.

The second variant: At the time of compiling the EA, the compiler saves some random code (z,shthbfuerg237g23b) invisibly to the programmer.

Then, as in the first case, owls are launched on metaquotes servers and metaquotes compare codes in owls from Market and Signal...

Karputov Vladimir:

Hopefully you will be able to run the script:

Yes, thank you)
Reason: