Automated-Trading  

Fractals - adjustable period and prices:

Fractals - adjustable period and prices

Author: Mladen Rakic

• www.mql5.com
One of the "classics" but with a twist - unlike the built in fractals indicator, this one allows you to : adjust the fractals period (the built in fractal indicator is using period 5)chose prices for high and low (might be useful in some cases - in extreme whipsaw market conditions, for example...
Arthur Albano
Arthur Albano  
Looks great, as always! :) Does it have a MQL5 version?
Bob Harding
Bob Harding  

Hi, Thank you for posting this. Please tell me what setting you have on the lower 15 chart EURUSD. I am not able to duplicate it with a 5 period on my chart. (The fractal appears after the close of the 2nd bar???) If I set the period to 10 it looks more like what you have on that chart . My understanding is that if I set the period to 10 then the fractal will not appear until the 5th bar closes. Is that correct?

I am looking for a Key reversal mt 4 indicator. Thank you a lot for your insight and help.

Cobra5000
Cobra5000  
when do the red and blue occur in real time.  are they placed after the fact so to speak. interesting. 
amillax
amillax  

Great work on the indicator.

How do i  get the up or down value from it?

val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FractalsAdjustable", 9, PRICE_HIGH, 0.2, 0.2, x) is always equal to 2147483647.00

Thanks

황인우
황인우  
Very interesting!!! Where can i download?
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
amillax:

Great work on the indicator.

How do i  get the up or down value from it?

val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FractalsAdjustable", 9, PRICE_HIGH, 0.2, 0.2, x) is always equal to 2147483647.00

Thanks

2147483647 is EMPTY_VALUE

Simply compare if val!=EMPTY_VALUE

Keith Watford
Keith Watford  
황인우:
Very interesting!!! Where can i download?

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/25473

• www.mql5.com
One of the "classics" but with a twist - unlike the built in fractals indicator, this one allows you to : adjust the fractals period (the built in fractal indicator is using period 5)chose prices for high and low (might be useful in some cases - in extreme whipsaw market conditions, for example...
To add comments, please log in or register