Indicators: Fractals - adjustable period and prices

Fractals - adjustable period and prices:

Fractals - adjustable period and prices

Author: Mladen Rakic

• www.mql5.com
One of the "classics" but with a twist - unlike the built in fractals indicator, this one allows you to : adjust the fractals period (the built in fractal indicator is using period 5)chose prices for high and low (might be useful in some cases - in extreme whipsaw market conditions, for example...

Looks great, as always! :) Does it have a MQL5 version?

Hi, Thank you for posting this. Please tell me what setting you have on the lower 15 chart EURUSD. I am not able to duplicate it with a 5 period on my chart. (The fractal appears after the close of the 2nd bar???) If I set the period to 10 it looks more like what you have on that chart . My understanding is that if I set the period to 10 then the fractal will not appear until the 5th bar closes. Is that correct?

I am looking for a Key reversal mt 4 indicator. Thank you a lot for your insight and help.

when do the red and blue occur in real time.  are they placed after the fact so to speak. interesting. 

Great work on the indicator.

How do i  get the up or down value from it?

val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FractalsAdjustable", 9, PRICE_HIGH, 0.2, 0.2, x) is always equal to 2147483647.00

Thanks

Very interesting!!! Where can i download?

amillax:

Great work on the indicator.

How do i  get the up or down value from it?

val=iCustom(NULL, 0, "FractalsAdjustable", 9, PRICE_HIGH, 0.2, 0.2, x) is always equal to 2147483647.00

Thanks

2147483647 is EMPTY_VALUE

Simply compare if val!=EMPTY_VALUE

황인우:
Very interesting!!! Where can i download?

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/25473

• www.mql5.com
One of the "classics" but with a twist - unlike the built in fractals indicator, this one allows you to : adjust the fractals period (the built in fractal indicator is using period 5)chose prices for high and low (might be useful in some cases - in extreme whipsaw market conditions, for example...

Can anyone convert to mql5?

Thank you.

What a bit of brilliance. Would it be possible to connect a fractal lows with a fractal high over "X" bars within a "X" pips limit buy a trendline, like support and resistance? When I try and add code and save candle and price values, the drawings disappear, any help would be appreciated.
Reason: