I recently started trading and using MT4 platform to watch. (Mainly moderate losses so far...)
I have several questions (I googled browsed the forums but couldn't solve them):
- How can I display an SP 500 chart on MT4? When I click on new graph, there are several graph options, but SP 500 one is not there. There's a CFD #SPY chart that perhaps is the SP 500 one, but it fails to load everytime. I also like to know if other charts can be displayed, such as gold, silver, oil, other indices (spanish Ibex 35, french etc.).
- I like to use as a trend indicator a triple moving exponential average of 4, 18 and 40 periods. Is it possible to save as a custom indicator so with a couple of clicks I can display the three moving averages on a graph?
- Should I change to Mt5 instead of 4? Thank you.
- I'd also like some information on opening an account with funds, subscribing to signals, etc. I guess this can be found in this forum, but I haven't searched yet. If you want to give me a link.
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
newdigital, 2013.12.23 16:51
you should read and read ...
and read articles.
No any personal consultant here sorry ... people may help but just for some concrete questions.
Thank you for your answers.
- However, I don't understand the first one: What do you mean with "symbols are related to the broker"? I downloaded the MT4 software and opened a demo account... is there a broker involved in this? Anyway, if I want to watch SP500 or other index and commodities charts, what should I do?
- Thanks, I'll try this indicators. :)
- Again, I'm not familiar with this idea of "brokers proposing". Considering I'm just starting, perhaps I should use MT5? I assume MT5 has everything from MT4 plus some advantadges.. does it have any disadvantadge?
- Thanks, I'll read about the signals and brokers.
You can download MT4 from this link (this is Metaquotes provided MT4), and open account with many brokers using this this one installation.
About different symbols ...
I just use Metaquotes' installation (see the link above) to open account with IBFX ... and you will see ther symbols promosed by them (by IBFX) to trade :
for now - I want to open the account with the other vroker using same installation ... I am scalling for other brokers :
and I open demo with the other broker and I am checking the symbols they are proposing for us to trade with them:
do you see the differences? Any symbol to trade is related to the broker.
Well ... just an example, if topic started asked the following:
replies on this question may be the following:
In this case - topic starter will be banned and all participators may be banned too.
It means - brokers' discussion is prohibited on the forum in concrete way.
Metatrader 5 ... MT5 is having much more functionality than MT4. But MT4 is more promoted ...
My suggestion - start with MT5 because MT5 is new and having more functionality/features.
As to me so I am using both: MT4 and MT5
Thank you very much for your useful help! I now understand how to create an account with one broker and look for the symbols.
One further question, can I ask which broker has the SP 500 and other indices? Or that's not allowed?
Also, where can I find information on the broker's fees and serves in order to choose among them?
Thank you very much,
Well, I mostly mean the spreads and fees they apply. How do I know this before opening an account with them?
Same with symbols they have, can I know it before opening an account? Thank you very much newdigital.