Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Do you often publish source codes? Find out how to do that correctly!
freecat
freecat 2014.05.23 10:55 

Hi everyone!

I recently started trading and using MT4 platform to watch. (Mainly moderate losses so far...)

I have several questions (I googled browsed the forums but couldn't solve them):

- How can I display an SP 500 chart on MT4? When I click on new graph, there are several graph options, but SP 500 one is not there. There's a CFD #SPY chart that perhaps is the SP 500 one, but it fails to load everytime. I also like to know if other charts can be displayed, such as gold, silver, oil, other indices (spanish Ibex 35, french etc.).

- I like to use as a trend indicator a triple moving exponential average of 4, 18 and 40 periods. Is it possible to save as a custom indicator so with a couple of clicks I can display the three moving averages on a graph? 

- Should I change to Mt5 instead of 4? Thank you.

- I'd also like some information on opening an account with funds, subscribing to signals, etc. I guess this can be found in this forum, but I haven't searched yet. If you want to give me a link.

Thank you,

Freecat

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.23 11:08  
  • symbols are related to the broker - if the broker is having this SP 500 so it is fine, if not so ... it is up to the broker.
  • about indicator - you can look at CodeBase here and download it for free (for MT4 or MT5). It is easy to download, install and use.
  • I like MT5 more than MT4. But many traders are using MT4 just because more brokers are proposing it (compare with MT5 for example).
  • it is prohibited on the forum to make some concrete talking about the signals and brokers. About MT5 so you just need few threads/articles to start :

freecat
freecat 2014.05.23 11:52  
newdigital:
  • symbols are related to the broker - if the broker is having this SP 500 so it is fine, if not so ... it is up to the broker.
  • about indicator - you can look at CodeBase here and download it for free (for MT4 or MT5). It is easy to download, install and use.
  • I like MT5 more than MT4. But many traders are using MT4 just because more brokers are proposing it (compare with MT5 for example).
  • it is prohibited on the forum to make some concrete talking about the signals and brokers. About MT5 so you just need few threads/articles to start :

Thank you for your answers.

- However, I don't understand the first one: What do you mean with "symbols are related to the broker"? I downloaded the MT4 software and opened a demo account... is there a broker involved in this? Anyway, if I want to watch SP500 or other index and commodities charts, what should I do?

- Thanks, I'll try this indicators. :)

- Again, I'm not familiar with this idea of "brokers proposing". Considering I'm just starting, perhaps I should use MT5? I assume MT5 has everything from MT4 plus some advantadges.. does it have any disadvantadge?

- Thanks, I'll read about the signals and brokers.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.23 12:08  

You can download MT4 from this link (this is Metaquotes provided MT4), and open account with many brokers using this this one installation.

About different symbols  ...

I just use Metaquotes' installation (see the link above) to open account with IBFX ... and you will see ther symbols promosed by them (by IBFX) to trade :

for now - I want to open the account with the other vroker using same installation ... I am scalling for other brokers :

and I open demo with the other broker and I am checking the symbols they are proposing for us to trade with them:

do you see the differences? Any symbol to trade is related to the broker.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.23 12:14  
Again, I'm not familiar with this idea of "brokers proposing". Considering I'm just starting, perhaps I should use MT5? I assume MT5 has everything from MT4 plus some advantadges.. does it have any disadvantadge?

Well ... just an example, if topic started asked the following:

• "can you provide some proposal for me to use the broker? which condition is better to be with?"

replies on this question may be the following:

• "use my broker"
  • "not, use my broker, your broker is sh*t"
  • "what?! condition of my broker is much better ..."

In this case - topic starter will be banned and all participators may be banned too.

It means - brokers' discussion is prohibited on the forum in concrete way.

==================

Metatrader 5 ... MT5 is having much more functionality than MT4. But MT4 is more promoted ...

My suggestion - start with MT5 because MT5 is new and having more functionality/features.

As to me so I am using both: MT4 and MT5

freecat
freecat 2014.05.27 16:17  
newdigital:

Well ... just an example, if topic started asked the following:

• "can you provide some proposal for me to use the broker? which condition is better to be with?"

replies on this question may be the following:

• "use my broker"
  • "not, use my broker, your broker is sh*t"
  • "what?! condition of my broker is much better ..."

In this case - topic starter will be banned and all participators may be banned too.

It means - brokers' discussion is prohibited on the forum in concrete way.

==================

Metatrader 5 ... MT5 is having much more functionality than MT4. But MT4 is more promoted ...

My suggestion - start with MT5 because MT5 is new and having more functionality/features.

As to me so I am using both: MT4 and MT5

Thank you very much for your useful help! I now understand how to create an account with one broker and look for the symbols.

One further question, can I ask which broker has the SP 500 and other indices? Or that's not allowed?

Also, where can I find information on the broker's fees and serves in order to choose among them?

Thank you very much,

Freecat 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.27 16:54  
freecat:

Thank you very much for your useful help! I now understand how to create an account with one broker and look for the symbols.

One further question, can I ask which broker has the SP 500 and other indices? Or that's not allowed?

Also, where can I find information on the broker's fees and serves in order to choose among them?

Thank you very much,

Freecat 

About conditions of many brokers to choose? I do not know ... but this information is not on this forum just for sure.
freecat
freecat 2014.05.27 17:46  
newdigital:
About conditions of many brokers to choose? I do not know ... but this information is not on this forum just for sure.

Well, I mostly mean the spreads and fees they apply. How do I know this before opening an account with them?

Same with symbols they have, can I know it before opening an account? Thank you very much newdigital. 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.27 17:53  
There are not such an information on this portal sorry. You can google them ... select some of them ... and so on ...
/
To add comments, please log in or register