Ratio

Have you ever thought that the “Ratio” that you "believe" that you are using, could actually not be happening at the end of your deals? 

This is a very occult conversation that involves manipulation. On my opinion, if you deal with popular pairs, (EURUSD), sometimes you could be a victim of a large zone of manipulation that could turn your "Ratio" horrible. If your "Ratio" is too good to be true, more in danger you are. 
Pay attention to that, sometimes your indicator, or your formula simply doesn't fit where you think. You have to be more selective. 

Anybody agree? 

Cassiano Jardim

What is Ratio?
Gold Silver Ratio ?
Trading the Gold-Silver Ratio
Trading the Gold-Silver Ratio
  • www.investopedia.com
For the hard-asset enthusiast, the gold-silver ratio is common parlance. For the average investor, it represents an arcane metric that is anything but well-known. The fact is that a substantial profit potential exists in some established strategies that rely on this ratio. The gold-silver ratio represents the number of ounces of silver it...

Sergey Golubev:
What is Ratio?
Gold Silver Ratio ?

More Ratio - 

Odds (as in gambling) are expressed as a ratio. For example, odds of "7 to 3 against" (7:3) mean that there are seven chances that the event will not happen to every three chances that it will happen. The probability of success is 30%. In every ten trials, there are expected to be three wins and seven losses. 

Cassiano Jardim:
Odds (as in gambling) are expressed as a ratio. For example, odds of "7 to 3 against" (7:3) mean that there are seven chances that the event will not happen to every three chances that it will happen. The probability of success is 30%. In every ten trials, there are expected to be three wins and seven losses. 

I was reading one article (I can not find this article now) about Ichimoku indicator and Moving Averages indicator.
It is about the following:

There are some community/people who like Ichimoku indicator and do not like Moving Averages.
And there are big community/people on some other forums who like MovingAverages (and they do not like Ichimoku).
So, the results/conclusion on this scrientific article was the following:

Ichimoku indicator and Moving Averates indicator are having same winning/losing ratio: 50/50

Same.
50/50.

Sergey Golubev:

I was reading one article (I can not find this article now) about Ichimoku indicator and Moving Averages indicator.
It is about the following:

There are some community/people who like Ichimoku indicator and do not like Moving Averages.
And there are big community/people on some other forums who like MovingAverages (and they do not like Ichimoku).
So, the results/conclusion on this scrientific article was the following:

Ichimoku indicator and Moving Averates indicator are having same winning/losing ratio: 50/50

Same.
50/50.

Right! I would recommend any indicator as a ratio of  2 for 1, at least. I mean risking two eggs, to get one. And the reason why I say that its because all the indicators have a delay, and you better not go 1 for 1. It’s funny when people go to excel calculate how rich they will become if they apply such indicator, or formula for a couple of months. 

Cassiano Jardim:
Right! I would recommend any indicator as a ratio of  2 for 1, at least. I mean risking two eggs, to get one. And the reason why I say that its because all the indicators have a delay, and you better not go 1 for 1. It’s funny when people go to excel calculate how rich they will become if they apply such indicator, or formula for a couple of months. 

that's not true, there are leading indicators and lagging indicators.There is nothing like good or bad indicator...ONLY GOOD OR BAD APPLICATION.

steko:

that's not true, there are leading indicators and lagging indicators.There is nothing like good or bad indicator...ONLY GOOD OR BAD APPLICATION.

Agree. 100%. But still recommend as a tip to make it 2 for 1. Off course, hope that you have a good application to make it work. 

Cassiano Jardim:
Agree. 100%. But still recommend as a tip to make it 2 for 1. Off course, hope that you have a good application to make it work. 

personally i don't use the millions of indicators out there. I used my own personal coded indicator to trade .

Reason: