Discussion of article "Library for easy and quick development of MetaTrader programs (part I). Concept, data management and first results"

To add comments, please log in or register
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  

New article Library for easy and quick development of MetaTrader programs (part I). Concept, data management and first results has been published:

While analyzing a huge number of trading strategies, orders for development of applications for MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 terminals and various MetaTrader websites, I came to the conclusion that all this diversity is based mostly on the same elementary functions, actions and values appearing regularly in different programs. This resulted in DoEasy cross-platform library for easy and quick development of МetaТrader 5 and МetaТrader 4 applications.

Now all is compiled without errors, and data on all orders and deals in trading account's history are displayed in the terminal journal.

All properties of each order/deal, including unsupported ones, are displayed.

The fact is that we have developed the methods returning the flags for supporting specific properties by this order to be virtual, so that they are redefined in the derived classes. These derived classes are then used to display data in the journal. In that case, all should be displayed correctly. If there is a property not supported by the order, it is not displayed in the journal, since the Print(const bool full_prop=false) method of the COrder class has the default flag for disabling a display of unsupported properties in the journal, while the SupportProperty() virtual methods of the class simply return 'true' for any property.

What's next?

The first (and the smallest) part is ready. We have developed a basic object for the collection of history orders and deals as well as for the collection of market orders and positions. So far there is no practical value but this is only the beginning. This single basic object is to become a keystone for the system storing and displaying data on the order system. Our next step is to develop other necessary objects and collections using the same principles. I am also going to automate collection of constantly required data.

Author: Artyom Trishkin

To add comments, please log in or register