Download MetaTrader 5

Receiving Signals

To add comments, please log in or register
Move from theory to practice. Code Base will help you!
Anamorphic
Anamorphic 2014.05.21 07:18 

Hi

If I subscribe to a signal, do I have to have a computer on all the time so that it can receive any new signals ?

A silly question but I remember watching a video somewhere that mentioned it - maybe it pertains to older versions of MT4 ??

Thanks

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2014.05.21 07:23  
PC must be running, connected to internet and to account. Read more here
Anamorphic
Anamorphic 2014.05.21 08:12  
newdigital:
PC must be running, connected to internet and to account. Read more here

Thank you for your quick reply.

Mmmm, could be problematic having the comp on all the time, obviously except weekends.

Anamorphic
Anamorphic 2014.05.21 08:22  

Just wondering, are there conflicts if I have MT4 open on a computer at home and on a computer at my office ?

I will have to leave MT4 open on my laptop at home but is it affected by going on standby or sleep mode ? 

Anamorphic
Anamorphic 2014.05.22 05:21  
What do other people do to get around this ?  Having a computer on all the time isn't a good option for me.
Rogerio Figurelli
Rogerio Figurelli 2014.05.22 09:42  
Anamorphic:
What do other people do to get around this ?  Having a computer on all the time isn't a good option for me.

Hi Anamorphic, maybe this similar topic can help you.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Autotrading

notstalker, 2014.05.20 21:19

does the system work when the computer is off?

Jinsong Zhang
Jinsong Zhang 2014.05.23 04:32  
Anamorphic:
do you know VPS?
garyk76
garyk76 2014.05.23 14:27  
Anamorphic:

Hi

If I subscribe to a signal, do I have to have a computer on all the time so that it can receive any new signals ?

A silly question but I remember watching a video somewhere that mentioned it - maybe it pertains to older versions of MT4 ??

Thanks

You can set up VPS on amazon for free. I set it up and it works well. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqORpKde29Q
Free MetaTrader VPS from Amazon AWS
Free MetaTrader VPS from Amazon AWS
  • www.youtube.com
http://www.onestepremoved.com/free-metatrader-vps/ Get a free MetaTrader VPS courtesy of Amazon Web Services. Shaun shows you how to pick the appropriate typ...
To add comments, please log in or register