Use An EA on Renko Bars (tried everything!)

Hi

i got and issue to make EAs work on "Offline" Renko Charts

i've tried *every* renko generator there is and NONE made the EA trigger the OnTick() function (i put a simple "Print" at the beginning of the OnTick( ) function)

list of the generators i've tried:

renkolivechart_v600

EA_RenkoBuilder

B625_RenkoLiveCharts_pimped_v4

Kos_EA_RenkoLiveChart

RenkoLiveArgo_v6.1

RenkoLiveChart_v3.2

NONE work with an EA; 

i also tried to check off the "Offline" status

i've tried to use PostMessages A and W

NOTHING works

has anyone got a working Renko Generator or is it even possible now?

thanks

Suppose a brick is 50 pips.

And you want your ea to enter after 2 bricks.

That's 100 pips.

Now explain why you need a Renko for that and what is the difference with an EA that just enters after 100 pips, without any Renko (overlay).

Marco vd Heijden:

Suppose a brick is 50 pips.

And you want your ea to enter after 2 bricks.

That's 100 pips.

Now explain why you need a Renko for that and what is the difference with an EA that just enters after 100 pips, without any Renko (overlay).

how do you apply indicators to the price if it's not renko ? this is not possible, only by rewriting each indicator

my strategy doesn't use price action only, it uses indicators as well.

Jeff

That's not really much of an answer to my question.

Renko calculations are simple and they do not really contain anything that could be termed Renko on the inside.

Only the output on the chart represents the well known term..

Price is price regardless of Renko.

Maybe you mean brick up, brick down,bullish reversal and bearish reversal ?

You do not need a chart for that if you want to use this in an EA.

Jean Francois Le Bas:

how do you apply indicators to the price if it's not renko ? this is not possible, only by rewriting each indicator

Jeff

If you want to use Renko calculations you can write an indicator that holds these levels in it's buffer, and use that to source your other indicators.

Why is that not possible ?

Here is what happens, you have a glasses that colors everything you see to color GOLD.

There are people who think that they can just start picking up golden items when wearing these glasses.

But it just changes your perception, it does not actually turn the world a different color.

That's a rather large difference between these two.

Marco vd Heijden:

That's not really much of an answer to my question.

Renko calculations are simple and they do not really contain anything that could be termed Renko on the inside.

Only the output on the chart represents the well known term..

Price is price regardless of Renko.

Maybe you mean brick up, brick down,bullish reversal and bearish reversal ?

You do not need a chart for that if you want to use this in an EA.

If you want to use Renko calculations you can write an indicator that holds these levels in it's buffer, and use that to source your other indicators.

Why is that not possible ?

Here is what happens, you have a glasses that colors everything you see to color GOLD.

There are people who think that they can just start picking up golden items when wearing these glasses.

But it just changes your perception, it does not actually turn the world a different color.

That's a rather large difference between these two.

hmmm using another indicator as a source seems interesting

i'll investiguate about that, but it seems that the time is a problem, renko is much than a simple display, it changes the time resolution so i'm not sure it's possible with a simple indicator.

the only way would be to compute ALL past values at each tick and use that in another indicator.

i'll try that, thanks for the idea

No the time stamp just stays the same of when the last brick was formed until a new brick forms.

Renko is actually LESS then a simple display, not more, because it usually does not plot time so it shows less data.

ok i succeeded in creating an indicator that outputs a new value each time the price changes by X Points

but each time i want to use an indicator, i have to modify the indi as well; Because for instance a moving average will update its value at the new non-renko bar, but we need it to update at each new brick.

i already adapted an HMA so it's working accordingly to the bricks

thanks for the idea.

Jeff

another way would be to use Global Values in an indicator to trigger the buy/sells from an EA on another chart...i think it coudl work

Jean Francois Le Bas #:
another way would be to use Global Values in an indicator to trigger the buy/sells from an EA on another chart...i think it coudl work

bro just change the renko generater .. .try STG one . cheers !

Reason: