error 4806 on EA Strategy Tester

Hello,

I have an EA that works very well on real/demo account but on Strategy Tester gives error 4806 on if(CopyBuffer()...) test.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ! 

tenlau:

Hello,

I have an EA that works very well on real/demo account but on Strategy Tester gives error 4806 on if(CopyBuffer()...) test.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ! 

Download the needed data.

angevoyageur:
Download the needed data.

Could you please give 2 details:

1-why is needed the data download

2-how to download 

tenlau:

Could you please give 2 details:

1-why is needed the data download

2-how to download 

you are doing backtest so it need history datas. bad datas will cause wrong result

Sorry if i insist too much, but till now I used only MT5 terminal System Tester and I do not understand why do i need to download data.

Also I did not know:

1-how to download and

2-how to test an EA on downloaded data.

tenlau:

Sorry if i insist too much, but till now I used only MT5 terminal System Tester and I do not understand why do i need to download data.

Also I did not know:

1-how to download and

2-how to test an EA on downloaded data.

Strategy tester works on historical data right ? In some case it can't get the data so you have to download it. It's difficult to say which data and how as you don't show your code (CopyBuffer for what ?).

You can force the download manually or by code.

angevoyageur:

Strategy tester works on historical data right ? In some case it can't get the data so you have to download it. It's difficult to say which data and how as you don't show your code (CopyBuffer for what ?).

You can force the download manually or by code.

Thanks,

Please also ,if you can, answer to my second question: how to test my EA on downloaded data? 

tenlau:

Thanks,

Please also ,if you can, answer to my second question: how to test my EA on downloaded data? 

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Reason: