Lagging indicators

Hie traders, what do you do if indicators you're using are contrary to each other (MACD, STOCHASTICS, RSI)?

Which indicators do you personaly use and how does it work for you? I only use moving averages but i have a friend who

is in a dilemma of choosing which indicator to put on his charts 

GrimReaper:
Hie traders, what do you do if indicators you're using are contrary to each other (MACD, STOCHASTICS, RSI)?

I don't use them but if the question is when enter the market or close a position I would wait till they go in same direction if I believe in those 3 indicators.

Anyway isn't allowed to discuss of particular indicators inside the forum.

Rosiman:

I don't use them but if the question is when enter the market or close a position I would wait till they go in same direction if I believe in those 3 indicators.

Okay thanks, that's quite helpful, i assume you are a clean price chart trader?

GrimReaper:
Okay thanks, that's quite helpful, i assume you are a clean chart trader as i am?

I just follow the forum rules. You can start a private discussion about indicators.

My personal suggestion is just either you choose a manual trading or automated one, once you choose an indicator try if you can to make a backtest and understand its best parameters on your  choosed symbol and timeframe.so you will have a better idea if following it you will gain or not.

Rosiman:
I just follow the forum rules. You can start a private discussion about indicators.
okay swell, how do i do that i'm still a mql5 newbie, i havent quite grasped how things work here?

GrimReaper:
okay swell, how do i do that i'm still a mql5 newbie, i havent quite grasped how things work here?
try to read as most as you can

Rosiman:
try to read as most as you can
would you mind if i added you as a friend?

GrimReaper:
would you mind if i added you as a friend?
accepted

GrimReaper:

Which indicators do you personaly use and how does it work for you? I only use moving averages but i have a friend who

is in a dilemma of choosing which indicator to put on his charts 

Hi GrimReaper, note that this can happen even using the same indicator, in multiple time frames.

I think a good way is develop your strategy based on your ideas, or any other you like, and after test it the more you can.

So, in my opinion, the indicators are just tools you must manage to do it.

I think I'll agree with you on that, judging from your perspective it does make sense, I will see what I can do. Thanks

A winning strategy isn't just entry but exit as well. You could try and google some existing strategies on the net or discover one using some simple indicators then try and find suitable stops but the simplest you could start with is using same distances for tp and sl then use the probability advantage of your favorite indicator to enter trades.
Reason: