Libraries: MQL_Easy (For MT5) - page 2

Dionisis Nikolopoulos:

Hi,

I will create a solution for slow brokers based on the links you show. 

Thank you.

You missed the point I think. That's not slow broker, that's MT5 architecture issue which your library should take into account to be improved, it can happen with any broker.

Alain Verleyen:
You missed the point I think. That's not slow broker, that's MT5 architecture issue which your library should take into account to be improved, it can happen with any broker.

Yes. You have right. That's why a library supported by its community it is needed. Please feel free to contribute at any level. The goal is to help people to develop MQL application easy,reliable and fast. 

Hi,

I am using this package and thinks it works very well. I have a question thought regarding the CPosition class. I have tried to use the GetType() function. But I just get either a 1 or a 0 as return. Is that what to expect? I would like to know if the position is long or short....

Thanks 

werne0005:

Hi,

I am using this package and thinks it works very well. I have a question thought regarding the CPosition class. I have tried to use the GetType() function. But I just get either a 1 or a 0 as return. Is that what to expect? I would like to know if the position is long or short....

Thanks 

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

Yes this is correct. As the MQL default types of orders are defined as

0 = ORDER_TYPE_BUY - buy order,(active order)
1 = ORDER_TYPE_SELL- sell order,(active order)
2 = ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT - buy limit pending order,
3 = ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT- sell limit pending order,
4 = ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP - buy stop pending order,
5 = ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP - sell stop pending order.

Now, the CPosition class manage the active orders so you should see values 0 or 1 which means Long or Short positions accordingly.

Let me know if you need further explanations. 

Great initiative.

I just found your library.

I will try to use it, and come up with suggestions eventually.

I understand that speed and easiness don't go well in the world of programming,

but in the same time, a programming language for traders should be way easier than MQL

Beautiful code. Great work

amrali:
Beautiful code. Great work

Thank you!

Feel free to make any suggestion or contribution.

Regards

Thank you very much for all this excellent work @Dionisis Nikolopoulos even if I still don't understand why MetaQuotes didn't provide, from the start, an equivalent library which I think would have greatly helped to move as many people as possible from MT4 to MT5.

Laurent Soudron:

Thank you very much for all this excellent work @Dionisis Nikolopoulos even if I still don't understand why MetaQuotes didn't provide, from the start, an equivalent library which I think would have greatly helped to move as many people as possible from MT4 to MT5.

Thank you for your kind words.
As any other platform, when the provider can't help you, the community comes to the rescue! :)

Dionisis Nikolopoulos:

Thank you for your kind words.
As any other platform, when the provider can't help you, the community comes to the rescue! :)

If you have some time, could you please make a tree of classes and their functions so you can find your way around faster ?

Unless there's a MetaTrader tool/add-on that does that already ?!

Reason: