I suggest MT4 user can subscribe MT5 signal provider

it is prefect for mql5.com:

MT4 users can subscribe MT5 signal provider

MT5 users can subscribe MT4 signal provider

codeidea:

This isn't possible. Order/position management are very differents.

codeidea:

Hi codeidea,

You are right, this would be perfect, as MT4 is really very popular yet (and maybe easier to learn).

Maybe we are not so far away from an agnostic trading signals system, because MQ team can address a solution in the future (I may be wrong, but I see this as a deterministic problem).

There are courageous initiatives of developers trying to create EAs for this, but it is not the same as a MQ solution directly on the server side, with low latency.

So, for me, your idea is really great and MQ team has all ability and capacity to address it in the server side, i.e., the perfect solution.

And for MT6 (I know nothing about future versions, this is just speculation) this initiative would be relevant too ;-)

figurelli:

Hi codeidea,

You are right, this would be perfect, as MT4 is really very popular yet (and maybe easier to learn).

Maybe we are not so far away from an agnostic trading signals system, because MQ team can address a solution in the future (I may be wrong, but I see this as a deterministic problem).

There are courageous initiatives of developers trying to create EAs for this, but it is not the same as a MQ solution directly on the server side, with low latency.

So, for me, your idea is really great and MQ team has all ability and capacity to address it in the server side, i.e., the perfect solution.

And for MT6 (I know nothing about future versions, this is just speculation) this initiative would be relevant too ;-)

I really don't see why this would be "great". If you want to subscribe to an MT4 signal open an MT4 account, same for MT5, what's the problem with that ? You have to have a dedicated account anyway.

The key problem here is time.
There are several popular brokers still just MT4 enabled, like Oanda. And several nice strategies and EAs just MT4 coded too.
So if you have a perfect solution like that, all MT4 brokers and EAs would be compatible with MT5 right now.

figurelli:
The key problem here is time.
There are several popular brokers still just MT4 enabled, like Oanda. And several nice strategies and EAs just MT4 coded too.
So if you have a perfect solution like that, all MT4 brokers and EAs would be compatible with MT5 right now.

Ok, I see. Those who are interested in this topic should find this article useful.

I really do not think Metaquotes will take care of that.

Thanks for sharing, the problem of solutions regarding the article is latency and slippage.

figurelli:
Thanks for sharing, the problem of solutions regarding the article is latency and slippage.
Yes, obviously any solution that is not directly managed by MQ have this problem.

I Think:

1.it is profitable for mql5.com;

2.it is easy to signal provider, like me, now I trade in MT4 and MT5 account , it is so tired now. 

even "Order/position management are very differents."  but still can convert in server side.

codeidea:

I Think:

1.it is profitable for mql5.com;

2.it is easy to signal provider, like me, now I trade in MT4 and MT5 account , it is so tired now. 

even "Order/position management are very differents."  but still can convert in server side.

For sure, but this is a very hard work, better not count on this possibility at least in the medium or short term.

Anyway your idea brings me to another idea.

What if MQ liberate the development of integrated solutions on the server side? 

This is a big dream too, but maybe a more permanent solution for various improvements.

figurelli:

For sure, but this is a very hard work, better not count on this possibility at least in the medium or short term.

Anyway your idea brings me to another idea.

What if MQ liberate the development of integrated solutions on the server side? 

This is a big dream too, but maybe a more permanent solution for various improvements.

I understand your dreams, but I'm willing to bet big that it will never happen.
Reason: