Are EA activations tied to the computer or the account?

To add comments, please log in or register
desertjedi
desertjedi  
From what I remember, when I activated an EA on different installs of MT4 (tied to different accounts) on the same computer, I used one activation for each install. According to all the documentation I've read on this, it is one activation PER COMPUTER...meaning I can install the EA on as many accounts as I want and still only use one activation as long as this occurred on one computer. Which is correct? 
Jan Flodin
Jan Flodin  
desertjedi:
From what I remember, when I activated an EA on different installs of MT4 (tied to different accounts) on the same computer, I used one activation for each install. According to all the documentation I've read on this, it is one activation PER COMPUTER...meaning I can install the EA on as many accounts as I want and still only use one activation as long as this occurred on one computer. Which is correct? 

You get one activation per machine (may it be PC, server or VPS), regardless of the number of accounts or MT instances you are running on that machine. So if the product shows 10 activations, you can use it on 10 different machines under the MQL5 login account you purchased the indicator or EA on. One caveat though is that when you make a hardware change on a machine the product will most likely need a new activation.

desertjedi
desertjedi  
You're reply tipped me off to the answer. Thankfully  you mentioned the word VPS. I always use VPSes so when I put an EA on two different VPSes, I used two activations. Thanks for jogging my brain! 
Joel Simmons
Joel Simmons  
Also if your computer takes some kind of major OS update, that could cause a few issues. Everytime Windows 10 takes a major update, my EA's has to be reactivated. 
To add comments, please log in or register