Are EA activations tied to the computer or the account? - page 2

The only way not to lose activations over VPS changes, is to use MQL5 VPS.

South Island #:

You'd think so but this is not the case. 

I accidentally activated my licence on 2 other PC's, when I didn't require to activate it (I could have used Demo mode). 

I reached out to MetaQuotes support and they advised they won't deactivate it on the other computers and provide the 2 activations back.

I.e. If you run out, no matter what, you have to purchase the EA again. It's kind of crazy you have to pay for it after you already did so. I'm now careful not to activate it anymore in case I change PC's as I only had 5 activations.  

It would be a HUGE bummer if the EA costed $2000USD.

Eleni Anna Branou #:
Hi, where can I see the remaining activations for an EA I have buaght ?

cartra2022 #:
Hi, where can I see the remaining activations for an EA I have buaght ?

Here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/cartra2022/market

Thanks

Hi,

If i use i different computer with a new terminal with the same account but i dont want to use the ea and loose 1 activation is that possible?

I just want to run my account on a different computer on not use the ea and or my activation, can i do tht. 

Now im scared to use a different computer and loose 1 activation.

kind regards,

Patrick

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Hi i had a question see my previous message thank you.

PatrickRotterdam #:

Hi,

If i use i different computer with a new terminal with the same account but i dont want to use the ea and loose 1 activation is that possible?

I just want to run my account on a different computer on not use the ea and or my activation, can i do tht. 

kind regards,

Patrick

If you don't install the EA on the other computer it will not be activated.

PatrickRotterdam #:

Hi,

kind regards,

Patrick

If you want to use your EA on another computer, you will need to install it Patrick, as Alain said and that will cost you an activation.

Hi,

Would a VPN affect the EA activation counts, given that at time VPN would change the connection country, resulting in a different IP address which might defer from initial installation.

example: VPN connect through country A and EA installed into MT4 though VPS, two weeks later, MT4 was reinstalled in the VPS and this time same EA was installed again into the MT4 but VPS was access though VPN from country B.

Kind Regards,

Alvin 

Reason: