Indicators: Multi Forex Scanner - page 4

this is great, its very handy for my system, is there a version for mt5 also I don't see a download option for mt5 ,but I thought I would ask anyways, thanks in advance

Excellent indicator, it would be good to be able to insert the symbols of currencies, commodities, etc., directly from the indicator panel without going to disable them from the broker symbols, possible?

Hey i tried to drag the indicator but its not working. Need Help.

Hi Carlos

IMO this is a nicely written piece of code.

I noticed however that the trend shown on the indicator panel seemed to be  in the wrong direction for some currency pairs 

When I investigated I found that in your GetMAStr and GetMAColor functions you use Ask to compare the price of the currency pair with the moving average value to determine trend direction. This will only work if you have the FxScanner indicator running on the same currency pair chart that you want to know the trend for.

My fix for this problem is pretty simple and involves small changes to three functions as shown  in code panel

color GetMAColor(double value, double price)

{

if(price<=value)

return clrGreen;

else

return clrRed;

}

string GetMAStr(double value, double price)

{

if(price<=value)

return "down";

else

return "up";

}

//Then in DrawMAColumn function I added the two top lines to get the price (vAsk) specifically for each symbol. This symbol specific price is then passed to the modified GetMAColor and GetMAStr functions.

void DrawMAColumn(string symbolName,int x,int y,string text,int fontSize=8,string fontName="Calibri")

{

int digits=(int)MarketInfo(symbolName,MODE_DIGITS);

double vAsk=NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(symbolName,MODE_ASK),digits);

double ma=iMA(symbolName,MATimeframe,MAPeriod,0,MAMethod,MAAppliedPrice,0);

string tooltip=symbolName+"\n.: "+GetPeriodStr(MATimeframe)+" MA ("+IntegerToString(MAPeriod)+"):.\nCurrent  ("+DoubleToStr(ma,1)+")";

DrawLabel("ma_"+symbolName,x,y,GetMAStr(ma, vAsk),fontSize,fontName,GetMAColor(ma, vAsk),tooltip);

}

I hope this helps someone who may be experiencing similar problems with this indicator. 

wilsonts:

Please edit your post and use the code button (Alt+S) when pasting code.

EDIT your original post, please do not just post the code correctly in a new post.

Keith Watford:

Please edit your post and use the code button (Alt+S) when pasting code.

EDIT your original post, please do not just post the code correctly in a new post.

Done. sorry

I am not a regular poster on this forum. I don't like breaking people's rules and regulations so next time I wont "try and be helpful" . I just wont post. 

wilsonts:

Hi Carlos

IMO this is a nicely written piece of code.

I noticed however that the trend shown on the indicator panel seemed to be  in the wrong direction for some currency pairs 

When I investigated I found that in your GetMAStr and GetMAColor functions you use Ask to compare the price of the currency pair with the moving average value to determine trend direction. This will only work if you have the FxScanner indicator running on the same currency pair chart that you want to know the trend for.

My fix for this problem is pretty simple and involves small changes to three functions as shown  in code panel

I hope this helps someone who may be experiencing similar problems with this indicator. 

Hi Wilsont, I really appreaciate your attentiveness to look into this scanner to make it working better. I don't understand why Keith Watford is getting angry for your helpful comment. I read previous comment and found Mr Carlos always welcome comment from other expert to help him improve this scanner.

Therefore, i am supporting Mr Wilsonts work and would like to request Mr Wilsonts to give link to his corrected version of this indicator so that i can try. 

Intan Yahya:

Hi Wilsont, I really appreaciate your attentiveness to look into this scanner to make it working better. I don't understand why Keith Watford is getting angry for your helpful comment. I read previous comment and found Mr Carlos always welcome comment from other expert to help him improve this scanner.

I don't understand why you think that I was getting angry.

I simply requested that the code be posted correctly as it makes it easier to read.

No anger.

Rexmer Pateno:
this is great, its very handy for my system, is there a version for mt5 also I don't see a download option for mt5 ,but I thought I would ask anyways, thanks in advance
A MT5 Version would be great

Hello everyone,

I have created a new version of the Scanner.

I would like to give credit and a big thanks to these contributors, whose suggestions were included in the version:

I hope you all like it.

Reason: